Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bum ass fight.

Comment

Originally posted by $ LegenD $ View Post
      at this age cotto was still fighting overmatched/undersized opponents.....he is still young no need to rush him in even though i give him a great chance vs cotto i have no issues with canelo being matched vs gatekeepers to build his base up and experience a lil more....
      At 21 Cotto was just turning pro.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        cotto is a very good boxer. he's one of the best in the world, especially for a guy who has never been lightening fast. he would give canelo problems.

this would be a terrific fight.

i think the edge would have to go to canelo to win a decision.

he's much bigger (cotto is a very small jr MW and canelo will finish his career as a MW or SMW.
        he's technical and throws short punches through the center, which have always given cotto problems. he's just as fast, if not faster. he's a much harder puncher, and he's got a much better chin.
        the best way to beat miguel cotto is to go out there and hurt him. he can be hurt and made to retreat. he stops boxing and being a crafstman and thinks about survival.
        Who has tested his chin?
        Jose Cotto or Alfonso Gomez?
        Cintron has not KO someone worth mentioning in 5 years
        Mosley was way past his prime.

Comment

Though I think it would be a good fight, it's not really a fight I want to see.

I would rather see Cotto/Pac or Cotto/Floyd. Just in terms of his legacy and moving into the last stages of his career. If he beat either of them, it would be amazing to me.

As for Canelo, I think it would be a lose-lose in terms of his career.

If he wins- his critics will say he is only fighting old fighters, away from their prime and he'll get no respect.

If he loses- he'll get **** on for losing to an 'old fighters, away from his prime'.

As much as it would be war, I just don't think it needs to happen for either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by dj Marroqui View Post
            Bum ass fight.
            For realz? Cotto V Canelo would be one of the best fights of the year. The style matchup is there to be very good.

Comment

This is a fight i'd love to see.

Comment

WTF are you doing discussing boxing in the lounge? The lounge is for everything BUT boxing talk.

Comment

Originally posted by dj Marroqui View Post
                  Bum ass fight.
                  Coming from a Cheato fan... very predictable

Comment

GB wants the ppv for 9-15 and Cotto doesnt want to fight that early. They have been pretty vocal that they plan on matching Canelo with Cotto likely after the sept date and after a Kirkland bout.

Comment

If he were to beat Cotto we'd hear how Cotto was leftovers, beaten down, past prime, not a natural 154 lber, blah blah blah

Comment

Working...
                      X