Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who believed Mayweather ducked Miguel Cotto!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why Would Mayweather duck Cotto for what reason ,Cotto hasn't beaten any body but Mosley even if sugar fights only 1 way.

Comment

Floyd has been the best for so long, there's always gonna be a someone he shouldve fought or ducked. A prime cotto is a B level fighter maybe B+ on good days and would not have become even close to beating floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
        They could have fought in 2008...after Cotto beat Mosley and Floyd beat Hatton in 2007...but Floyd took his vacation...

Arum may have been a problem but I did wanna see it happen...
        They could have fought years earlier at 140, as the thread started stated. However, neither Arum nor Cotto's people wanted to put him in the ring with Mayweather. You clowns who keep claiming Floyd ducked Cotto in 2008 always seem to forget about this fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Listen here dude. You have some nerve posting a thread with facts in it. How dare you come on NSB and not believe that Floyd ducked Miguel Cotto. Independent thinking based on factual evidence will get you punished.
          Truest words ever spoken on this message board. Unfortunately, they will get you punished along with the threadstarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
            I have evidence of Arum turning down a Mayweather offer to face Cotto.

I'll gladly take some points off anyone who denies this.

Side note: I thought Cotto and hatton were ringside for the Gatti bout (at the beginning, in front of Fat Dan):

>
            I believe you. I remember very clearly also that there was a story on this site years ago saying that Frank Warren, Hatton's promoter at the time, had turned down an offer from Mayweather's camp to fight Ricky Hatton in what would have been Mayweather's first fight at 140. However, when Mayweather retired after the De La Hoya fight, no one remembered this and claimed that Mayweather was dodging Hatton. It was only after Floyd beat the hell out of Hatton that Hatton suddenly became too small to fight at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
              What do Cotto , Margarito, and Pacquiao have in common?
              BOB ARUM...................

These are the three fighters that people like to say that Floyd ducked right?
              Well here are some facts for you.

Fact.....Bob Arum called Mayweather the greatest fighter he has seen in the last 45 years. He also said that about Pacquaio after Floyd left his a$$

Fact.....Bob never let Mayweather fight his then cash cow Delahoya while both were with Top Rank. Floyd got the fight after he left Bobs A$$

Fact.....Mayweather realized that he would never get his dream fight against delahoya because Bob and delahoya were not doing business together. Why? Because delahoya left Bobs a$$

Fact.....Bob Arum owes Mayweather money from the Gatti and Judah fights and still hasn't paid Mayweather because Floyd left his a$$

Fact.....Mayweather bought himself out of Bob arums contract for 750 thousand and left his a$$

Fact.....Bob Arum said that Floyd was ducking Cotto, Margarito, and Pacquiao after Floyd left his a$$

My point is...........why would a man who Bob called the best fighter in the last 45 years duck anybody?

Cotto, Pacquiao, Margarito, were all active and fighting when Bob made that comment.
              Bob didn't call Mayweather a ducker until Mayweather left his a$$

And the Cotto, Margarito, Pacquaio fights will never happen until they do what Delahoya and Mayweather did.

And thats..................... To leave Bob Arum's a$$
              Well said, I totally agree... it is obvious that it went this way
              Last edited by MotorCityJaguar; 08-25-2011, 06:01 PM.

Comment

I have one question.

Given the fact that Mayweather's his own boss, did Mayweather "try" to make a fight with Cotto or a 2nd fight with Oscar for more money instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
                  Floyd has been the best for so long, there's always gonna be a someone he shouldve fought or ducked. A prime cotto is a B level fighter maybe B+ on good days and would not have become even close to beating floyd.
                  They pump fighters up, Floyd beats em, time for the excuses

Cotto was too slow to deal with Floyd. Floyd is and always has been on another level. Compare the 2 now

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    Listen here dude. You have some nerve posting a thread with facts in it. How dare you come on NSB and not believe that Floyd ducked Miguel Cotto. Independent thinking based on factual evidence will get you punished.
                    Its not that I have some nerve. Why are people so filled with hate and jealousy. I really commend Miguel Cotto. He is a true warrior. But Bob Arum and Team Cotto wanted no parts of Floyd. Cotto has never indicated or verbalized a desire to fight Floyd. He's been rocked by guys who weigh significantly less than him. Guys who didn't punish him for his mistakes. A highly anticipated fight. But at the end of the day, bar politics most people wanna see Floyd get badly hurt, simply because he doesn't...

Comment

Mayweather called out kostya once, but was scared to actually fight him. Mayweather's style is perfect for tszyu to ko him.

Comment

Working...
                      X