Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we can all agree that if Mayweather-Cotto happens it will be a disgrace.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not happening. Cotto is asking for $10mil+ and Showtime wont be able to afford to pay it along with paying Floyd his $32mil guarantee. Why would Cotto fight Floyd for far less than he would make against Canelo?

Comment

Yes it would be. I don't know what's worse though: A rematch with Cotto or Canelo, because supposedly there are rumors for both.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan-O-Mac View Post
        I believe roach mention that they wouldn't have a joint camp, but he would work with both fighters on different time schedules.

As for Mayweather/Cotto 2, no thanks!
        If Cotto is to get Mayweather over Pacquiao, then he'd be relying on Manny to approve that joint training schedule with Roach. If Manny's team pulls rank, question becomes would Cotto go ahead and fight without Roach training him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
          Floyd defended that 154lb title fighting @147 against Chino in Floyd vs Maidana 2, what is more abominable than that?
          MP fighting for a jr middleweight title weighing in at 144.

Comment

Your right, the entire NSB board agrees on this and this only...

Comment

Let's say May fights Pac and beats Pac, most people won't want to see May Vs Cotto after either, because they feel that it's a easy way for Mayweather to get a MW title.

Comment

Lets be clear about something.

Any fight other then Pac vs Floyd is a disgrace... by comparison. That goes for both fighters. I wish there was a way for everyone involved in the sport of boxing to communicate to these guys that we will not accept anything but that one fight.

That said, in and of itself, Floyd vs Cotto at 160, and I stress 160, is actually a great fight. Because of the historical significance. I agree with you guys though that it would still a hard sell, combined with all the backlash...

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  If Cotto is to get Mayweather over Pacquiao, then he'd be relying on Manny to approve that joint training schedule with Roach. If Manny's team pulls rank, question becomes would Cotto go ahead and fight without Roach training him.
                  I don't see Manny or his camp having an issue with the scheduling if it doesn't interfere with their camp. Then again, anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulByThePound View Post
                    MP fighting for a jr middleweight title weighing in at 144.
                    nothing wrong with pac weighing 144. what was wrong was a catchweight, and 2 welterweights fighting for a vacant super welter title.

Comment

there will be a few fl*mos that will try to push for this but most people see it for what it is. I very much doubt the PPV would do well

Comment

Working...
                      X