No announcement yet.

Gamboa overated????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamboa overated????

Im here to debate the whole Mikey Vs Gamboa scenario.

I have noticed that the alot of the Gamboanites all 2 ofem (i kid i kid) have given Mikey no chance, you have to realize that Gamboa while gifted is seeing his best pass him by, and even at his best he has show that he is vulnerable, as shown when he was put on his ass by countless journeymen, some random pinoy put him on his ass in his last fight.

If anyone can stop Gamboa its Mikey he has the skill and technique and POWER is Mikey touches Gamboa on his chinny chin chin, hes staying down, GOD I HOPE THIS FIGHT GETS MADE!!!

PS im not 100% confident in Mikeys chin either, but I expect him to be calm, and solid enough to not get reckless and break Gamboa down.

Discuss lads.

Anything can happen but here is a scenario based on reality. Mikey is not the come forward pressure type, but neither is Gamboa he looks best when guys come for him and when he gets kd being reckless even better pisses him off. Now we saw what happens when a guy don't want to chase Mikey he doesn't put relentless pressure on them, but he wins because of superior boxing and scoring but no way in fking hell he would win that way against Gamboa on a tentative war of points so that's out of the window.

Now what does Mikey have left? Be aggressive and try to knock Gamboa out? That would play right into Gamboa strengths and he is no Burgos you come at him you're in the killzone only way Mikey will get the W without trouble at all is if Gamboa comes in tries to be aggressive superman he probably gets countered and looses via Pacquiao ambien commercial.

Any fighter can loose but the Best Gamboa following a good plan would beat the best Mikey without a doubt.

Comment

Who is overrating him? i have not seen it at all period...he is a fast,powerful fighter and thats all i hear people say

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
        Anything can happen but here is a scenario based on reality. Mikey is not the come forward pressure type, but neither is Gamboa he looks best when guys come for him and when he gets kd being reckless even better pisses him off. Now we saw what happens when a guy don't want to chase Mikey he doesn't put relentless pressure on them, but he wins because of superior boxing and scoring but no way in fking hell he would win that way against Gamboa on a tentative war of points so that's out of the window.

Now what does Mikey have left? Be aggressive and try to knock Gamboa out? That would play right into Gamboa strengths and he is no Burgos you come at him you're in the killzone only way Mikey will get the W without trouble at all is if Gamboa comes in tries to be aggressive superman he probably gets countered and looses via Pacquiao ambien commercial.

Any fighter can loose but the Best Gamboa following a good plan would beat the best Mikey without a doubt.
        A good game plan is where Mikey will have an advantage he's as
        Composed as they come and if anything doesn't get reckless it's Gamboa. If Gamboa doesn't come to Mikey I highly doubt he'll chase after him and lose composure there's just no way he loses focus of his gameplan. Timing beats speed and with amount of inactivity Gamboa has suffered he's not going to be as sharp as we've seen him at some point. Now if he shows up as the old Gamboa then Mikey will need to be on his A game to get the W.

Comment

In my opinion he is, even when he was at the top of his game he was very inconsistent with his performances. That speed of his, power and explosiveness makes him dangerous, so it's not like I wouldn't give him a chance against Garcia. Still, if you move on him Gamboa will start to lunge in recklessly and Mikey is too disciplined to get into exchanges with him. I like Garcia's jab, ability to control distance and right hand in this one, I have to favor him here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
            A good game plan is where Mikey will have an advantage he's as
            Composed as they come and if anything doesn't get reckless it's Gamboa. If Gamboa doesn't come to Mikey I highly doubt he'll chase after him and lose composure there's just no way he loses focus of his gameplan. Timing beats speed and with amount of inactivity Gamboa has suffered he's not going to be as sharp as we've seen him at some point. Now if he shows up as the old Gamboa then Mikey will need to be on his A game to get the W.
            Good point I believe the guy with the best Game plan will win whoever sticks to it will most deff win. If Gamboa comes out trying to be the aggressor in my view his odds will take an immediate plunge but if he can make Garcia loose his composure stealing rounds in a tentative pot shot fight until he is forced to pressure step it up, and come at Gamboa the fight will get fun .

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
              Good point I believe the guy with the best Game plan will win whoever sticks to it will most deff win. If Gamboa comes out trying to be the aggressor in my view his odds will take an immediate plunge but if he can make Garcia loose his composure stealing rounds in a tentative pot shot fight until he is forced to pressure step it up, and come at Gamboa the fight will get fun .
              As they say everyone has a plan until they get hit. Looking at how questionable Mikey's chin has been the last two fights , a good shot from Gamboa could
              make him gun shy or if we're lucky all hell will break loose

Comment

I think Gamboa was looking better before 50 cent came into the picture. Right now I would make Gamboa only a slight favorite over Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I think Gamboa was looking better before 50 cent came into the picture. Right now I would make Gamboa only a slight favorite over Garcia.
                  You really cant blame 50 what happened was Gamboa jumped ship too early because arena box was ripping him off thinking Mayweather was gonna have his back when anyone who knew **** could see Mayweather was just using him to p*ss off Bob then that fell to **** and sourly, so no chance with Al haymon or GBP probably either. If you think about it 50 rescued Gamboa after the stupid fking decisions he made.

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
                  As they say everyone has a plan until they get hit. Looking at how questionable Mikey's chin has been the last two fights , a good shot from Gamboa could
                  make him gun shy or if we're lucky all hell will break loose
                  Should be fun neither guy seems to be granite chinned and Gamboa goes down being a reckloose more than a 5 dollar hooker hope Gamboa gets dropped early his fights always get more fun after that lol

Comment

Problem is, he's done nothing impressive in a very long time and this isn't the kind of sport in which people stay golden for years on end. Who knows if he's still any good? Well have to wait and see because no one knows at that point.

Comment

Working...
                    X