Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite Joe Calzaghe fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one were Bernard Hopkins exposed him.

Comment

Toss up between Tocker Podwill and Kabary Salem.

Comment

Clzaghe was a fraud who made a career hiding in england andd fighting dinosaurs

Comment

I would rate his top 3 this way:

1. Lacy - Calzaghe was viewed as a sacrificial lamb but instead ended up derailing the Lacy train. Although Lacy was limited in terms of skill, he was a stronger, younger fighter who was supposed to be the future of 168.

2. Jones - Although this was a past prime Jones, the fight finally took place. Calzaghe, with his mockery of Jones, gave the fight an ironic twist considering that Jones did that all throughout his career.

3. Kessler - Once again, Calzaghe faced a younger fighter who was also undefeated and perceived as the future of the division. The fight was much more competitive than the Lacy one, but Calzaghe won it without a doubt.

Comment

LOL @ the Calzaghe haters. I think 46 men would disagree that he was a fraud.

46-0. Undefeated and Undisputed.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
              LOL @ the Calzaghe haters. I think 46 men would disagree that he was a fraud.

46-0. Undefeated and Undisputed.
              With only two good wins (kessler, lacy) and one questionable decision in a fight that he looked like trash (Hopkins).

Comment

Keep seeing the Byron Mitchell fight get named; If memory serves wasn't the fight where Mitchell floored and was beating the dog**** out of Joe before losing his balance in an exchange and getting stopped for no real reason?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Keep seeing the Byron Mitchell fight get named; If memory serves wasn't the fight where Mitchell floored and was beating the dog**** out of Joe before losing his balance in an exchange and getting stopped for no real reason?
                  At no point was Mitchell beating the dog**** out of him. He floored him very heavily but Calzaghe got up and decked him even harder straight after. Calzaghe put it on him and the ref eventually stepped in. Might have been a poorly timed stoppage but Calzaghe was the one beating the dog**** out of Mitchell.

Comment

Im an american and a huge fan of bhops and joe,,

but i never thought that their fight was a robbery or could have gone either way,, i always thought it was a clear victory for joe,,
                    yes hopkins scored a knockdown and made joe miss alot, but he didnt really do anything to joe,,,
                    i think joe outworked him and won a legit decision,, i scored it 114-113 or 115-112,, good fight but joe was the clear winner,,,

grant it i only watched it live and havent seen it since,,, but at the time i thought joe cleanly won..

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      Nice bit of Revisionism.

Try again.

Comment

Working...
                      X