Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Rank and Goldenboy Trying To Stink Out Bradley-alexander?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Rank and Goldenboy Trying To Stink Out Bradley-alexander?

There has not been enough hype to this fight. It deserved a 24/7 as much as Williams-Martinez did and more than Pacquiao-Margarito in my opinion but it seems to be getting downplayed.

Theres not much in terms of hype from outside of the hardcore fans and this should be hyped to the max. Could that be anything to do with Top Rank and Goldenboy not making megabucks on this night?

I think so. It is in the interests of the two most powerful players to downplay this fight and to stink it out. Talks of only 300 tickets being sold and that Bradley will win it easy are hogwash, I fancy Bradley and Alexander didn't help his case in the Kotelnik fight but this will be a good fight and a good draw.

I only hope it is all hogwash. There should be at least 1000 tickets sold for this. Neither fighter has played Vegas yet and only Alexander has been to the Garden so who knows?

I would much rather see a 24/7 for this than pac vs mosley

Comment

if i wasnt a hardcore fan that visited boxing websites..i wouldnt know this fight was happening nor would i know who either fighter was..sad..cause these guys are young,talented and 2 of the best at 140

Comment

Isn't Don King promoting this fight? I don't think TR or GBP have anything to do with stinking out this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bob marley View Post
          if i wasnt a hardcore fan that visited boxing websites..i wouldnt know this fight was happening nor would i know who either fighter was..sad..cause these guys are young,talented and 2 of the best at 140
          Sad but true.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
              Sad but true.
              if promoters,hbo,showtime..etc.etc would market these fights like they do the "circus acts" then young fighters would get better know,boxing would attract more casual fans and they'd have more than manny and floyd to hang their hat on...ufc markets their fighters alot better than boxing has lately to be honest...

Comment

All GBP and TR have to do is keep their mouths shut. Why would they hype someone else's fighter?

Plus, their OWN fighters will be targeting the winner, and it will benefit them to have negotiation leverage.

MORE BROADLY.... January fights often suck. Commercially speaking. Not all of them, but many/most. The US sports market is very focused on NFL playoffs and Super Bowl buildup during that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                  nice..but thats my first time seeing it so i doubt the casual fan will ever see it

Comment

How is this TR and GBP's fault? They haven't tried discrediting the fight. As far as I'm concerned the responsibility falls on Bradley and Allexander's promoters, they have failed to generate the hype necessary for such a fight.

Much of the problem as far as I'm concerned is fighters headlining their own shows too early. If these fighters appeared on a Pacquiao or Mayweather undercard they'd get far more exposure.

Comment

Working...
                    X