No announcement yet.

l liked clottey's corner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• l liked clottey's corner

Often i find myself shouting at corner men giving stupid advice in between rounds. I understand these guys not only know their fighter more than I do, but they've also forgotten more about boxing then I'll ever know. But I hate more than anything going into the 10th or 11th round of a fight that a fighter has clearly lost every single round, and seeing their corner say something along the lines of "You're doing great, jab and move jab and move" To me that just says "I have no clue how you're going to win, i hope something lucky happens"

Like i said earlier, i don't really know enough to pretend like i'd do better in the corner than any of these guys, but i really felt clotteys corner was giving josh good advice and trying to make him win, josh just wasn't in the mood to try for a win i guess.

I think the complete opposite. His trainer and corner was terrible.

Comment

His corner was telling him throw, which is what he needed to do. So no, his corner wasn't terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
        I think the complete opposite. His trainer and corner was terrible.
        De Jesus did all the right things but if you noticed Clottey wasn't paying attention to him moreso than his second even speaking Ghanaian so De Jesus wouldnt understand

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
          De Jesus did all the right things but if you noticed Clottey wasn't paying attention to him moreso than his second even speaking Ghanaian so De Jesus wouldnt understand
          The best advice he couldve told him was to lead with the jab. He just told him to throw punches. I seen Clottey shake his head no. Clotteys a tool. I think he just wanted to show Pac wasnt knocking him out.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            The best advice he couldve told him was to lead with the jab. He just told him to throw punches. I seen Clottey shake his head no. Clotteys a tool. I think he just wanted to show Pac wasnt knocking him out.
            Personally? I think the corner could have told Clottey that Pac agreed to keep his hands down for flush shots...Clottey still wouldn't throw a punch.

My point is...Clottey wasn't going to take a chance with Pac. I think Clottey had a couple of opportunities to throw and trade and possibly do more damage to Pac. But he opted to block. Furthermore, Pac was breathing hard in the later rounds with the high workrate he was producing; Clottey could've turned it up. Anyway...Pac was impressive with 1200 punches...good for him.

Good for Clottey for surviving...and getting paid 3 mill!

Good for Dallas stadium for hosting a successful event!

Comment

Working...
            X