Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pavlik wins a close decision, will people cry robbery?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Ruby View Post
    If this fight goes to the cards, Martinez is SUPPOSED TO WIN.

If it goes to the cards and Pavlik gets it, it is a robbery.

So yes, I will protest the injustice.
    No, not that... I said that if you are wrong, then you should have to change your name to Jack Jewby and publicy announce you are are Jewish.

Comment

Martinez does have to stop Pavlik to beat him I think though. Look at all these guys that HBO are interested in matching up with Pavlik. Bute (who is fighting on the undercard tonight, so there you go), Williams potentially, Sturm, Winky Wright (I don't know how interested HBO is in him though, but still mentioned nontheless), and even Margarito's name has been thrown out for Pavlik by Pavlik's trainer. Martinez is viewed as the opponent in this one even though a lot of smart people know he'll at least give Pavlik a tough fight.

Comment

I've studied 5 fights from both fighters and I've come away with more than a few things, but mainly Martinez is all wrong for Hopkins.

The only worry for Martinez is getting worn down from smashing Pavlik's head in constantly.

Martinez has all the tools to keep the tempo down whenever Pavlik feels brave. He can win this easy, as easy as Hopkins did if he really wanted to, but he hasn't really shown the stink it out mentality that he needs to for that.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
          I've studied 5 fights from both fighters and I've come away with more than a few things, but mainly Martinez is all wrong for Hopkins.

The only worry for Martinez is getting worn down from smashing Pavlik's head in constantly.

Martinez has all the tools to keep the tempo down whenever Pavlik feels brave. He can win this easy, as easy as Hopkins did if he really wanted to, but he hasn't really shown the stink it out mentality that he needs to for that.
          Hopkins is a light heavyweight now.

You;re saying Martinez would beat Hopkins??!

Comment

Working...
          X