Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Jayson Velez being thrown to the lions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Jayson Velez being thrown to the lions?

I was just watching the Soto Karass vs Aydin fight and noticed the popup for upcoming fights.

Jayson Velez vs Ponce De Leon....

The trend lately has been Dulorme (16 fights) loses to Abregu(35 fights)

Del Valle (16 fights) loses to Vic (43 fights)

Now Velez (20 fights) fights De Leon (47 fights) is it too early or is it time for Velez to shine?

Some will argue that Del Valle and Dulorme were "exposed"....But without flag toting or hate I honestly believe those two prospects were more talented than the guys they lost to....it was just too early.

Will Velez-De Leon be more of the same?

Tough to say. I like to see fighters in big trouble and come back from it in a fight.

Velez is taking a massive step up. He's facing a tough mexican top 126 pound fighter in his first "real fight"

Comment

No........i actually think he can win

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Tough to say. I like to see fighters in big trouble and come back from it in a fight.

Velez is taking a massive step up. He's facing a tough mexican top 126 pound fighter in his first "real fight"
        I hear that and respect it as a fan I want these kind of fights. But from a business standpoint its a gamble that may cost him.

Look at guys like Chavez Jr. Financially its almost better to go the B1tch route....and even the flag toters give him respect.

Comment

Very good post.

I dont know to tell u the truth. He look good against sal sanchez but tjat dude is trash. So I guess we'll find out march 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by commodus View Post
            No........i actually think he can win
            .....Dulorme and Del Valle had a good chance of winning too.

Comment

Yeah I was very surprised when this fight was announced. Velez needs to get some seasoning against some B level fighters + former champs before taking on a current champ. What's Elio Rojas doing these days? That might have been a better fight.

Comment

good fight for both, should be excitn

Comment

bump......

Comment

To me yes.

IMO he doesnt even deserve the shot yet. Beating a nobody in Salvador Sanchez shouldnt give him a shot at De Leon, Hell even boxrec has him ranked outside the Top 30 fighters of the division. Before even getting a shot at De Leon he should have fought a Top 10-15 fighter.

Things are going to go real bad for him unless he has superstar level talent, which he hasnt btw.

Comment

Working...
                    X