No announcement yet.

Another reason Saunders isn't looking to fight GGG anytime soon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
    You're posting example of why no one takes your seriuosly. No one is interested in knowing the millions of reasons Saunders can duck GGG. All we care about is the best fighting the best at MW. How about making an intelligent thread on why the fight should happen this year.

I'm staring to see why the sport is losing fans, it has advocates like you trying to explain why Fighter A doesn't have to fight Figher B. Do us all a favor and just stop, you're embrassing the boxing public.
    The fight just did 1.5 mil boxing aint losing fans, it's gaining fans. Just because Saunders would rather fight a more lucrative fight and a higher profile fight doesn't mean he's ducking GGG.A Eubank Jr fight would be the biggest fight of Saunders career. Fighting GGG on HBO does nothing for Saunders pocket or career. Just like Abel said about fighting Lara. Just deal with the fact that there are better fights out there for other fighters than GGG. There is only one person mandated to fight GGG and that's Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
      The fight just did 1.5 mil boxing aint losing fans, it's gaining fans. Just because Saunders would rather fight a more lucrative fight and a higher profile fight doesn't mean he's ducking GGG.A Eubank Jr fight would be the biggest fight of Saunders career. Fighting GGG on HBO does nothing for Saunders pocket or career. Just like Abel said about fighting Lara. Just deal with the fact that there are better fights out there for other fighters than GGG. There is only one person mandated to fight GGG and that's Canelo
      Still making yourself look ignorant I see, I'll end this conversation because wisdom is obviously lost on you and is wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by silvermiles View Post
        still making yourself look ignorant i see, i'll end this conversation because wisdom is obviously lost on you and is wasting my time.

Comment

Don't forget that it was on Free TV. If that rematch happens it will be on BoxNation because it'll be a Warren event. That wouldn't do big TV numbers because it's a subscription channel that never does big numbers. If it was on Sky, they could hype it and make it massive because that's what they do and most people have Sky or access to sky PPV for a one-off event.

Also, Saunders doesn't draw that many fans in the UK. I think Eubank probably has more pull now. Saunders and Andy Lee had very low ticket sales compared to the arena size, and didn't have big TV ratings as it was on BoxNation.

Comment

Eddie Hearn has to be ****tin himself!
            considering the money he's making from PPVs lately, i doubt it. anthony joshua's title fight this weekend will probably be another huge success

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              Don't forget that it was on Free TV. If that rematch happens it will be on BoxNation because it'll be a Warren event. That wouldn't do big TV numbers because it's a subscription channel that never does big numbers. If it was on Sky, they could hype it and make it massive because that's what they do and most people have Sky or access to sky PPV for a one-off event.

Also, Saunders doesn't draw that many fans in the UK. I think Eubank probably has more pull now. Saunders and Andy Lee had very low ticket sales compared to the arena size, and didn't have big TV ratings as it was on BoxNation.
              Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              considering the money he's making from PPVs lately, i doubt it. anthony joshua's title fight this weekend will probably be another huge success
              True. But what about losing Eubank Jr?

Comment

Blackwell v Eubank Jr: Almost 1.5m viewers tune in to title clash

According to official figures from the Broadcasters Audience Research Board (B.A.R.B), the March 26 clash between Nick Blackwell and Chris Eubank Jr. brought in almost 1.5 million viewers.

Saunders-Eubank Jr II is the fight to make. Fighting overseas on HBO does nothing for Saunders. He loses a belt and makes half of what he can make fighting Eubank again. If he fights and beats Eubank Jr again and the fight does these types of numbers or better, GGG has to come to the UK to fight him.

Eddie Hearn has to be ****tin himself! These numbers and Haye's numbers shows the UK public wants free boxing. Hearn said Eubank Jr leaving him for this fight was a mistake on Eubank Jr part. He was wrong.
                Almost any fighter is willing to travel if the money is right; all these numbers show is that K2 is playing themselves by only offering $1.5m and expecting Saunders to cream his pants over that offer.

If the numbers translate (strong viewership numbers for EubankJr likely indicates a strong amount of public interest and a likely good gate), Saunders likely has the money K2 offered for Golovkin as the downside on the EubankJr rematch.

Eddie Hearn is doing just fine; he still has the seemingly UK equivalent of ESPN backing his fights and has Sky Box Office as the medium to max out on the money that a fighter can earn on a fight. You add that he's got Anthony Joshua in the fold (the guy's already a live gate star and budding box office attraction, before even fully developing), and that he's got the conduit to the Sauerlands in Germany (arguably Germany's top promoter) and Haymon in the US and Hearn is just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                  Almost any fighter is willing to travel if the money is right; all these numbers show is that K2 is playing themselves by only offering $1.5m and expecting Saunders to cream his pants over that offer.

If the numbers translate (strong viewership numbers for EubankJr likely indicates a strong amount of public interest and a likely good gate), Saunders likely has the money K2 offered for Golovkin as the downside on the EubankJr rematch.

Eddie Hearn is doing just fine; he still has the seemingly UK equivalent of ESPN backing his fights and has Sky Box Office as the medium to max out on the money that a fighter can earn on a fight. You add that he's got Anthony Joshua in the fold (the guy's already a live gate star and budding box office attraction, before even fully developing), and that he's got the conduit to the Sauerlands in Germany (arguably Germany's top promoter) and Haymon in the US and Hearn is just fine.
                  True. I was thinking about that interview he did with IFL saying it was a mistake for Eubank Jr to leave him and Matchroom.

Comment

Fighting Eubank Jr. isn't a duck smh. Ya'll GGG fans think if a MW fights anybody but GGG it's a duck. Eubank Jr-Saunders would be a great fight. The first one was a good fight.
                    If the table's were turned you would certainly call it a duck you idiot.

BJS already blatantly ducked Golovkin to fight some no name and here you're already offering an excuse of another potential duck from him. Unbelievable.

Comment

True. I was thinking about that interview he did with IFL saying it was a mistake for Eubank Jr to leave him and Matchroom.
                      Honestly, it probably was; the move got him a shot at the British title, and likely sets up the rematch with Billy Joe Saunders on BoxNation. Beyond that... not to sure.

With EubankJr still with Matchroom, he likely misses out on getting the British title, but he does get to defend that interim wba belt on a stage with more marketing push (getting over his persona even further). And, as soon as he and his father think he's ready, Matchroom could take EubankJr to the world (building his name up against guys like Hassan N'Dam, Sam Soliman, Peter Quillin, etc), in anticipation of a big fight against Daniel Jacobs in New York.

The EubankJr/English intro, purely from the theatre of it, is the type of stuff that would electrify both the US and UK markets; you add that he can fight, isn't an unattractive man (pause), is young, and speaks the Queen's English, and you've got the makings of another marquee star.

With Golovkin being 34 years old in a few days (after an extensve amateur career), he could be beat soon. a new star is born
                      Last edited by Scipio2009; 04-04-2016, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X