Loeffler said Cotto is the reason GGG isn't fighting Canelo in May

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loeffler said Cotto is the reason GGG isn't fighting Canelo in May

Starts at 3:25

After the Cotto v. Martinez fight at the WBC they didn't want to stop the Cotto v. Canelo fight so they granted Cotto one voluntary which was supposed to be against Canelo in May 2015.

He said the WBC specified that the voluntary was specifically for Canelo in May 2015. Instead of fighting Canelo he fought Geale and that pushed everything back.

He said it makes sense to fight Canelo in September because Canelo just won the MW title and Canelo is young and growing into the MW division so the weight won't be an issue further down the road

He said GGG is only fighting twice this year. Once in April and against Canelo in September.

Can't watch the vid right now, but I fail to see how that stops the fight happening in May...

Am I being thick or something?

Comment

April better be someone ****in worthwhile.

Comment

team ggg sure has the excuses ready to go on why they have not forced a purse bid yet

Comment

canelo's going to fight rosado then vacate the belt leaving ggg with his d-ick in his hand. you got played again!

Comment

But but but oscar doesnt want the fight in may lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
              team ggg sure has the excuses ready to go on why they have not forced a purse bid yet
              You sure are ready to attack GGG for the slightest reason or no reason at all. If Canelo would fight GGG tomorrow GGG would do it. If Canelo wants to fight GGG in September then that's what GGG will do. Either way GGG will fight Canelo within 9+ months unless Canelo backs out but Canelo always keeps his word. You really should quit your b*tching about GGG. He is one of the best champions in boxing and he fights three or four times a year while many other champions only fight once a year or less. There is no middleweight alive that GGG is afraid to fight although many of them are afraid to fight him because he knocks everybody out.

Comment

... meanwhile, team Alvarez says that Canelo is able to beat GGG on points... well then: I'd like to watch this fight with Canelo beating GGG on points... asap...

Comment

I thought it was the step-aside money that Team GGG received from Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                    Can't watch the vid right now, but I fail to see how that stops the fight happening in May...

Am I being thick or something?
                    Because Cotto fought Geale in June when he was supposed to fight Canelo in May.

Comment

Working...
                    X