Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC fighter punches boxing coach & gets KTFO!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by konfirm View Post
    wow, a C level wrestler would beat the **** out of any boxer in his weight class. Ya'all don't know **** about fighting. The boxer would have a one shot opportunity but as soon as they clinch it's over.
    Brock is a big, strong man and very good at wrestling. When he gets hit he crumbles.

He had hugggeee hands, his gloves had to be specially made yo, he was a freak of nature, so fast for a big man, oh and did I mention, his gloves were made just for him.

I learnt that from Joe Rogan.

Comment

I agree that Rogan and the UFC hype the fighters up like doushes. They kinda over-amp a lot of thier main event fighters and even all fighters I'll agree with that. They need guys a little more like Teddy Atlas who call it like it is more or less. But I like Rogan and Goldie's personalities man I wouldn't trade Rogan for anybody else. I like Goldberg too although sometimes he says **** that is SO wrong, I like his personality so hes not expendable.

They also have a 2nd commentating team now (Kenny Florian and Jon Anik) who are a little bit more technical with the commentary. Steps in the right direction.

You have to still remember this sport is at its baby stage.

Comment

Some stupid remarks on this thread, a fight between a top boxer and a top UFC fighter, well lets put it this way the Boxer has appx 10 to 20 seconds to land his punches and hopefully put the UFC fighter away, if he fails to do this he`s fcuked, once UFC guy gets his hands on the Boxer he`ll be taken down and it will then be up to the UFC guy on how he wants to finish the Boxer eg choke him out, bash his face in with elbows, armbar, ko him with punches so many options really.

Comment

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
          I agree that Rogan and the UFC hype the fighters up like doushes. They kinda over-amp a lot of thier main event fighters and even all fighters I'll agree with that. They need guys a little more like Teddy Atlas who call it like it is more or less. But I like Rogan and Goldie's personalities man I wouldn't trade Rogan for anybody else. I like Goldberg too although sometimes he says **** that is SO wrong, I like his personality so hes not expendable.

They also have a 2nd commentating team now (Kenny Florian and Jon Anik) who are a little bit more technical with the commentary. Steps in the right direction.

You have to still remember this sport is at its baby stage.
          One champ rule and world wide appeal is why I like the UFC.

Fighters get famous and the pool is deep because contenders fight contenders.

I don't like 3 round fights. The scoring can be so off. Although what else can they do? 5 is too long for every fight LOL.

I hate the commentating. It's a little WWE if you ask me at times.

They need to get less sponsors or at least mention them every time.

More interviewing post fight would be good. 2 questions is just ****.

It is a baby sport and will grow. I know a lot who don't like boxing but love UFC. Not sure why but that is what they like.

Comment

Originally posted by shingle View Post
            Some stupid remarks on this thread, a fight between a top boxer and a top UFC fighter, well lets put it this way the Boxer has appx 10 to 20 seconds to land his punches and hopefully put the UFC fighter away, if he fails to do this he`s fcuked, once UFC guy gets his hands on the Boxer he`ll be taken down and it will then be up to the UFC guy on how he wants to finish the Boxer eg choke him out, bash his face in with elbows, armbar, ko him with punches so many options really.
            A pro boxer can still generate a lot of power at close range from the floor on his back. However I would be more inclined to think he would grab the eyes or balls. I would.

Comment

Originally posted by shingle View Post
              You are acting as if every top UFC fight would want to take it to the ground. UFC is like boxing once you are in front of a crowd and you get hit; who is to say that MMA fighter is gonna wanna slug it out and then Bang! Sleeping...

Not every MMA fighter is a wrestler and not every top guy is a wrestler. Silva, Cain, Dos Sontos,, Jones, and some of the other champs enjoy to strike. So if they choose to, its a done when the boxer gets the chance.

People seem to forget MercerVsSilva, Mercer knocked dude out in less than 30 seconds after a failed kick by Silva.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
                One champ rule and world wide appeal is why I like the UFC.

Fighters get famous and the pool is deep because contenders fight contenders.

I don't like 3 round fights. The scoring can be so off. Although what else can they do? 5 is too long for every fight LOL.

I hate the commentating. It's a little WWE if you ask me at times.

They need to get less sponsors or at least mention them every time.

More interviewing post fight would be good. 2 questions is just ****.

It is a baby sport and will grow. I know a lot who don't like boxing but love UFC. Not sure why but that is what they like.
                UFC is far from being in the baby stage, almost 30 years old if not more.

Comment

You have Horse meat eaters like Overeem who cheat, to Diaz who openly smokes weed twice.

However there are far more douche UFC fans. They don't even know Pride, or Strikeforce. They are sheeps. Then there are the ex WWE fans who are pure trash knuckle heads.

As for 4 ounce gloves, getting knocked out is a lot easier than taking a beating for 12 rounds. That is when your heart is questioned when your face is all cut up and swollen.

UFC has plenty of dodgy decisions, but also is all ****ed up. Brock Lesnar went to a title shot? Chael to face Jone Bones?

Diaz VS GSP? Meh Silva VS GSP is what the fans have been calling for.

Dana will make anything to sell a fight and make money too.
                  Yep, don't get me wrong, mma guys can KO with one kick or punch too, but most fights I have seen on the street start out standing up and a lot of those are in punching range.

I know Erick the eagle Ochieing. He has been on I Film London videos on youtube a few times. He is only a 154 but he showed me how to punch hard. Just looking at how his body works to get power is cool, and he isn't even that strong with KO's professionally.

Put a MMA guy and boxer close range to an opponent. Say they are arguing at 2 feet away.

Let the MMA and Boxer start their move. What would both use? I bet both would punch first.
                  Faces do get cut up in both, but as I said, if you start to wrestle, get in a Muay Thai stance or use some BJJ, that limits the hit to the face. In boxing, to carry on and win, you will get hit on that cut etc...

I agree on a lot of boxing fights not being made, that is one bad thing about Boxing.

However I also feel UFC is cheesy. The commentators often hype up a fight in cheesy ways, particularly trying to half blind the fans on how dangerous this guy is etc... They are far worse than HBO etc... A fighter could have so many loses but they use excuses and bring up what he did this or that.

And I like Joe Rogan, but when ti comes to UFC he is a douche.
                  Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                  You are acting as if every top UFC fight would want to take it to the ground. UFC is like boxing once you are in front of a crowd and you get hit; who is to say that MMA fighter is gonna wanna slug it out and then Bang! Sleeping...

Not every MMA fighter is a wrestler and not every top guy is a wrestler. Silva, Cain, Dos Sontos,, Jones, and some of the other champs enjoy to strike. So if they choose to, its a done when the boxer gets the chance.

People seem to forget MercerVsSilva, Mercer knocked dude out in less than 30 seconds after a failed kick by Silva.
                  Silva (or I think it was Slyvia actually) was 6 hundred and 80 pounds when he fought Ray Mercer.

Comment

Originally posted by killamoneymike View Post
                    Silva (or I think it was Slyvia actually) was 6 hundred and 80 pounds when he fought Ray Mercer.
                    No he wasn't, but Mercer was 50 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                      UFC is far from being in the baby stage, almost 30 years old if not more.
                      That may be true but to the main stream it is new. At least to me anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X