Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it fair if Virgil Hill gets voted into the HOF but not Michalczewski?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Sorry, but I only deal with facts. Not your biased and absurd opinions. As long as Michalczewski does not have a win over Roy Jones jr, he will never be considered undisputed. Period. You'll have to live with that fact.

BTW, are you ever going to post that top 5 list with DM?
    I posted that list a long time ago. just tells me you aint even reading my comments.
    Roy ducked Michalczewski, his whole career. Michalczewski is not known to have feared any man inside a ring. Roy Jones is known to have ducked tons of people. That is all I have to tell you. And next time you call my opinion "absurd", at least study the history of boxing and do your homework.

Comment

Originally posted by Halls of Fame View Post
      Michalczewski once held 3 of the 4 titles, which is basically called "undisputed". he held the WBA, IBF and WBO title at one point and then held on to the WBO title. the lightheavyweight and the middleweight division have always been deep divisions throughout history so you can indeed compare middleweights to lightheavyweights.
      in my top 5 I have guys like Bob Foster, Archie Moore, Michael Spinks, Michalczewski and Gene Tunney.
      an old michal. losing to Gonzales (who is NOT a club fighter) doesnt mean anything. look at the guys Michal. beat and look at the guys Hopkins beat.
      21 or 22 title defences from Michal. . thats called LONGEVITY. Michal won the 2 wars with Richard Hall. Roy Jones needed steroids to beat Richard Hall
      Stop comparing Michal's resume to Hopkins for a moment. Look up the achievements of the great LHW's instead. You've already named Bob Foster, Archie Moore, Michael Spinks and Gene Tunney which is a good start. Add to that Ezzard Charles, Maxie Rosenbloom, Billy Conn, Harold Johnson and Harry Grebs Light-heavyweight resumes.

Is Michal's LHW reign comparable to B Hops MW reign? There may be some truth in that. Is Michals LHW resume comparable to any of the resumes of the guys I just mentioned? Nope. Not a chance. Not even close. That's why your argument is flawed.

Comment

I posted that list a long time ago. just tells me you aint even reading my comments.
        Roy ducked Michalczewski, his whole career. Michalczewski is not known to have feared any man inside a ring. Roy Jones is known to have ducked tons of people. That is all I have to tell you. And next time you call my opinion "absurd", at least study the history of boxing and do your homework.
        What it tells me is you don't have a top 5 list in order and basically were talking out of your ass. Either that or you're afraid to show it because you know it will get ripped apart for how ridiculous and inaccurate it is.
        Last edited by joseph5620; 10-27-2012, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Michalczewski has the record of title defences in that division with around 22 title defences.
          Hopkins has the record of title defences at middleweight with around 20 defences, and he is in the top 5 all time middleweights on pretty much anybody's list. now look at the guys Hopkins beat in those 20 defences and then compare them to the guys Michalczewski beat. u ll find out the opponents are on the same level
          No, he isn't.

And if Michalczeswski is in your Top 5 LHW list, let's see the list.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            No, he isn't.

And if Michalczeswski is in your Top 5 LHW list, let's see the list.

Agreed. Hopkins has never been on my top 5 list at 160. So I don't know where that is coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              Agreed. Hopkins has never been on my top 5 list at 160. So I don't know where that is coming from.
              I can see Monzon, Hagler, Greb and SRR being ranked above Hopkins, but thats about it.

Comment

I can see Monzon, Hagler, Greb and SRR being ranked above Hopkins, but thats about it.
                Jake Lamotta? Dick Tiger? Bob Fitzsimmons?

That's just to start.

Any chance on your LHW list with Michaelczewski in the Top 5?

Comment

lot of guys have been called "undisputed" while holding 3 titles. Kostya Tszyu is one of them. Wladimir Klitschko another one.
                  Michal. became undisputed by beating Virgil Hill.

You must be confusing undisputed with lineal. It can only be undisputed if there are no other title claimants. If Roy Jones held a title at the same time as Michalczewski then it sure wasn't undisputed.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                    Dan Rafael said it in his "CHAT" yesterday.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/45835
                    No, Dan answered a question about an online poll Hill was leading. That doesn't mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      You must be confusing undisputed with lineal. It can only be undisputed if there are no other title claimants. If Roy Jones held a title at the same time as Michalczewski then it sure wasn't undisputed.
                      Was Roy ever lineal light heavyweight champion? I thought Michalczewski was the one that became lineal champion in that weight class at that time.

Comment

Working...
                      X