Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody else realize how much damage Danny Garcia took in the Matthysse fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
    Swift took some damage home with him after that brutal classic with Lucas...yes, that fight is a VERY underrated modern day classic....BOTH warriors were landing hurtful punches and BOTH took home some heavy damage.....Lucas had orbital bone issues, Swift was having hearing issues....that's what they signed up for....that's what MOST wanted to see...two brave warriors land BOMBS on each other....I hope everyone was entertained by BOTH fighters and moved by the heart and bravery BOTH warriors were forced to show during the course of one of the MOST relevant title fights in the last few years

BOTH dudes left a part of themselves in Vegas that night...they had no choice!!...each dude demanded MORE from the other and took each other places they've never been before....like I said, it was a CLASSIC fight that had me on the edge of my seat because at any point you KNEW Lucas was gonna land and BOOM!!...how was Swift gonna react or how would Lucas react to getting hit by Swift...and then Swift BOXING instead of his usual flat footed walk a ninja down type style lol....he BOXED and BRAWLED and BANGED.....excellent performance by Swift
    Excellent post. It truly was a war and I realize it unlike a lot of posters it seems. Both men got their licks in. Like I said, as a human being I understand and am glad Garcia is fighting lesser opponents, meaning opponents who aren't as good as Matthysse. Matthysse, I believe, felt he needed to prove something after the Garcia fight. That's why he kept fighting top competition. It's quite the contrary -- Lucas doesn't have to prove anything. Like I said, real recognize real. Real muthaphukkas know what's up.

The type of shots they were throwing was insane, epecially Matthysse. Garcia was throwing bombs too but he was boxing more. Also, I think a lot of people don't realize that when Garcia knocked down Lucas in the eleventh that was a real knockdown. That punch connected and Danny punched through Matthysse. Damaging blow.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
      yeah man, i wanted provo to win that fight, but calls for a rematch from him and his team strike me as borderline suicidal
      no other 140 pounder can take the punishment provo took from lucas in round 6, and he wasn't going anywhere, no backwards, no nothing. i want to see how he looks next time.

for me, lucas hasn't shown physically in decline like others has said, yes he was dropped by molina, but that was a good shot, but he just fought provo and did more than well (look how bradley did)

Comment

I'm one of the biggest Matthysse fans around, although Lucas' eye closing helped; it was the best Dannya Garcia there's ever been. Focused all fight and kept concentration. Matthysse didn't hit him as much as he normally hits opponents but he landed hard shots. Besides the one punch in the eleventh, Matthysse didn't land clean much at all.

This fight piss me off more than any other fight though as Tony Weeks Eyesight was worse than Steviw Wonder's, at least 20 low blows for one point deduction. It was disgusting, Lucas is probably sterile now.
        Last edited by SalimShady1212; 07-11-2015, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Everyone vote for yay pls

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            Everyone vote for yay pls
            Here is the official thread for a nsb livechat. http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=682815

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              no other 140 pounder can take the punishment provo took from lucas in round 6, and he wasn't going anywhere, no backwards, no nothing. i want to see how he looks next time.

for me, lucas hasn't shown physically in decline like others has said, yes he was dropped by molina, but that was a good shot, but he just fought provo and did more than well (look how bradley did)
              I don't really see a physical decline in either of them

The only difference I see since the bout is Garcia choosing feather-fisted opponents while Matthysse has been fighting big punchers.

Maybe Danny is mentally affected more than physically, Judah and Matthysse were both tough night's work for Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                I don't really see a physical decline in either of them

The only difference I see since the bout is Garcia choosing feather-fisted opponents while Matthysse has been fighting big punchers.

Maybe Danny is mentally affected more than physically, Judah and Matthysse were both tough night's work for Garcia.
                This is closer to the truth, now Garcia isn't the underdog anymore; I think he's taken his foot of the gas and lost focus (going into music etc.)

Comment

Working...
                X