No announcement yet.

Bias in Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    If he could make weight then WHY DIDNT HE?! dont spout some bull about him 'not wanting to'. It cost him cold hard cash to not make weight, In fact your version makes Floyd seem worse! What kind of pr1ck contracts a fight at a weight if he knows he doesnt intend to make it? especially against a fighter moving up two divisions to face him...

in the bold do you not remember me mentioning careful matchmaking earlier? Doesnt change the fact that for a guy his size to beat fighters like clottey, Marg, Cotto, Mosely etc it took SKILL and BALLS to even get in the ring.

Fcuk sake im capitalizing ish now... im going to sleep... Good luck training and fighting.
    You think $600k mattered that much to Mayweather? The mere fact that you buy into the whole Money moniker and claim that's Mayweather's motivation lets me know that you just started watching boxing when pacquiao came along.

And no, it didn't take skills to punch a fighter who wasn't punching at all [Clottey] or some slow-plodding face-first fighter [Margs]. And even though you keep bringing up topics for a different thread, if the guy had skills, he'd have known how to cutoff the ring instead following an old-faded Mosley around in circles all fight long. Then again, I shouldn't expect you to know these things, you are you after all.

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
      You think $600k mattered that much to Mayweather? The mere fact that you buy into the whole Money moniker and claim that's Mayweather's motivation lets me know that you just started watching boxing when pacquiao came along.

And no, it didn't take skills to punch a fighter who wasn't punching at all [Clottey] or some slow-plodding face-first fighter [Margs]. And even though you keep bringing up topics for a different thread, if the guy had skills, he'd have known how to cutoff the ring instead following an old-faded Mosley around in circles all fight long. Then again, I shouldn't expect you to know these things, you are you after all.
      Or the midget coulda been less threatening and not put Mosley on the run, like Floyd and Canelo obliged with class. Could have even failed to drop Oldsley, or get rocked himself twice hard, that woulda made his win more impressive for sure.

Clottey was punching at Judah, and Cotto also. Tho could done more punching here, FMJ had him beating Cotto no problem. Wonder why he shut down so fast that one time, stomach cramps?

Comment

So how come nobody is calling for him to fight Martinez, Canelo, Cotto, or anybody at '54 now? Those who have actually followed the sport over the decades can see through the farce that is.
        For sure. A few years back everybody was jumping up to their 8th weight class, and much beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Or the midget coulda been less threatening and not put Mosley on the run, like Floyd and Canelo obliged with class. Could have even failed to drop Oldsley, or get rocked himself twice hard, that woulda made his win more impressive for sure.
          Funny you mention that because this fighter that the midget had on the run just competed at '54 in his last fight [not to mention he'd fought five times there before], so what's the hold up for the midget fighting Canelo?

Comment

Funny you mention that because this fighter that the midget had on the run just competed at '54 in his last fight, so what's the hold up for the midget fighting Canelo?
            You've seen Pac Margarito? It was a boxing match a few years back, pretty good watch, for a bogus vacant belt at 150. I'll give more background if needed. After the fight Pac says: The weight was too much, won't be fighting this heavy again.

So he moves back down to his 7th weight class, a world record. But props to you for fantasy matching Canelo with another tiny welter

Comment

You've seen Pac Margarito? It was a boxing match a few years back, pretty good watch, for a bogus vacant belt at 150. I'll give more background if needed. After the fight Pac says: The weight was too much, won't be fighting this heavy again.

So he moves back down to his 7th weight class, a world record. But props to you for fantasy matching Canelo with another tiny welter
              He also said he wouldn't go past '47 after fighting Clottey, you know, a fight that happened a few years back, before the Margs fight, at '50. I'll give more background if needed.

Comment

Boxing has been far too kind to floyd, any repercussion he might be receiving he brought to himself.

Comment

He also said he wouldn't go past '47 after fighting Clottey, you know, a fight that happened a few years back, before the Margs fight, at '50. I'll give more background if needed.
                  Go ahead and link me up. But basically, Pac didn't move up high enough for you. It's impressive your standards for him are at least 1.6 times higher than for the next best, and much higher than that vs the rest

Comment

Go ahead and link me up. But basically, Pac didn't move up high enough for you. It's impressive your standards for him are at least 1.6 times higher than for the next best, and much higher than that vs the rest
                    Excuse me, it was after the Cotto fight that he said he wouldn't surpass '47, but guess what, he did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ4zL9MhWfQ

But basically he didn't move up high enough? If that's the case, neither did Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                    X