Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danny garcia vs Marcos maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maidana looks like a completely improved fighter to me. Still the agression and killer instinct, but it's a smarter and more efficient now. His defense and tighter/quicker punches are what I have noticed the most in the last two fights since training with Garcia. He will only improve upon this style.

I don't see how Garcia beats him. Garcia is garbage. Maidana can go down, and has before, but his chin is solid and he recovers as good as anyone in the sport.

Someone also said Garcia has a speed advantage. Where? I don't see it in the hands or legs. Especially if you just look at the Maidana, Garcia has trained. Maidana throws far tighter and quicker punches now, Garcia doesn't know what a tight punch looks like. They may be equal in power, but I think Garcia gets hit a lot more and gets stopped.
    Last edited by Da Machine; 12-13-2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      Garcia is getting hillariously overrated for beating khan. by the same people who call khan "****"

So Garcia is now a great fighter because he beat a "****" fighter. See the logic.

He ain't special, he ain't great, he's just a servicable 140lb fighter who managed to exploit one of Khans many flaws.

Ashley Thophane, a basic, domestic level 140lb'r went to war with garcia and arguably got robbed only a couple fights ago.

That's Garcias level
      Good post. Nice to see there are at least some smart people here.

Comment

2 words. War Maidana!

Comment

I'll go with Garcia.

Comment

Working...
          X