No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: News: Canelo on 12/8, Mares-Moreno, Olympians, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: News: Canelo on 12/8, Mares-Moreno, Olympians, More

If he's successful on September 15th, WBC 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (40-0-1, 29KOs) will return to the ring for a third time in 2012. Canelo defends his title against Josesito Lopez (30-4, 18KOs) in the main event of a Showtime televised tripleheader at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

So Cotto has MSG on hold Dec 1 and Canelo has the MGM Grand on hold for him Dec 8? Looks like Canelo will get the Mayweather payday without facing Cotto first...

Comment

Alvarez Mayweather?

The only issue with Alvarez fighting Cotto first is that IF he where to win, I'm certain that people will claim that Alvarez took too much of a beating and that Floyd fought a shop worn Alvarez..

However I would rather see Cotto and Alvarez fight! Yet it looks like Mayweather vs Alvarez and the winner getting Martinez (assuming he beats Chavez).

Bob will push hard for the fight when Floyd moves up and it's Pac's last fight. In the meantime call Bob Arum Captain Planet as he's all about that green and recycling..

Comment

Originally posted by HBGBoxingFan View Post
        So Cotto has MSG on hold Dec 1 and Canelo has the MGM Grand on hold for him Dec 8? Looks like Canelo will get the Mayweather payday without facing Cotto first...
        No Schafer says they dont have it on hold but canelo people saying if he wins they want it

Comment

Originally posted by HBGBoxingFan View Post
          Either that or Cotto is fighting Pacquiao or Bradley.

Mayweather/Canelo on Cinco de Mayo 2013 makes too much sense to not happen. I doubt Floyd fights Canelo in December.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
            Alvarez Mayweather?

The only issue with Alvarez fighting Cotto first is that IF he where to win, I'm certain that people will claim that Alvarez took too much of a beating and that Floyd fought a shop worn Alvarez..

However I would rather see Cotto and Alvarez fight! Yet it looks like Mayweather vs Alvarez and the winner getting Martinez (assuming he beats Chavez).

Bob will push hard for the fight when Floyd moves up and it's Pac's last fight. In the meantime call Bob Arum Captain Planet as he's all about that green and recycling..
            Would Cotto beat him SO bad that he'll knock 10-15 years off his prime? lol

Comment

When is that Alvarez/Lopez documentary thing going to be shown on CBS? I haven't heard anything on it yet.

Comment

It's good for him to stay busy. But at least fight a legit contender.

PS: And it doesn't matter the subject or who we're talking about....some guys cannot stop talking trash about Pac and Arum. Idiots...

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  Would Cotto beat him SO bad that he'll knock 10-15 years off his prime? lol
                  Probably 20-30 years off. I assume you know how bad the haters get when it comes to discrediting Floyd's opposition. Alvarez wouldn't be any different.

Comment

The Barclay's Center card is going to be good. Quillin vs. N'jikam is a hell of a matchup.

Comment

Working...
                    X