No announcement yet.

What was Donaire's punch called?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was Donaire's punch called?

i find it very graceful when i saw him switching from left and right... i remember him also using that punch to knockout manuel vargas

well i guess no one knows what that is.. its like the punch that ippo makunochi is using in the anime series

Comment

Originally posted by bhijae View Post
      i find it very graceful when i saw him switching from left and right... i remember him also using that punch to knockout manuel vargas
      Someone on youtube called that punch the dempsey roll but that's not the dempsey roll. The dempsey roll is a move used by Tyson. What donaire did was throw an uppercut while he shuffled back and forth.

Comment

its called Nonito is gonna get his ass put on the canvas if he thinks he actually has the speed and reflexes to match his Roy Jones impersonation.

Comment

We should hold a naming contest... Although i do like the "if he thinks he's..."

Comment

has any fighter used that same move he's doing? i thought jack dempsey invented that shot

Comment

Nonito is a big fan of Hajime no Ippo (He even have pics with the author), and he said that he will do the Dempsey Roll when he reached 126 lbs.

But that move is not the dempsey roll. It's more like the shoryuken barrage (rising dragon fist) because he jumps while doing that uppercut like how Ken does it in street fighter.

So yeah it is Shoryuken Barrage

Comment

Raul marquez referedd to it as the 45 PUNCH

Thats a fawking bad a s s name

The 45

Roy jones used to throw the 45 alot .

Vitali has a mean 45 i think ive also seen maidana use it quite a bit .

That 45 is deadly

Comment

lol at that..imagine how HBO commentators gonna pronounce that..

Shoryowkeyn Barrage!!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X