Collapse
No announcement yet.

lara still doesnt have a CLEAR loss on his record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He doesn't, the only one that could be a loss is Canelo.

I thought that fight was a toss-up, Lara landed the cleaner shots early but as it progressed Canelo went to work with a lot of body shots which didn't get the credit they deserved from some.

Comment

GGG loves lateral movers, he knows how to keep them right at the end of his punch. Lara would be making a bad move fighting GGG, if Angulo was able to cut him off, GGG is a better finisher. The only way Lara wins is keeping by GGG in center ring and outboxing him but as of late I havent seen that style from Lara, I think people need to start picking other boxers to derail the GGG hype train. Lara is the kinda guy GGG mauls and makes him look like a monster, then we'd never hear the end of it NSB.

Comment

This is true, and I like Lara, but he took a massive loss in the Canelo fight in career terms regardless of the decision. If the people advising him are being honest they will tell him what a disaster that performance was.

Comment

The problem with Lara is the fact that he isn't very active throughout an entire fight, that's a luxury he can't afford against a pressure machine such as Golovkin. To top things off Lara likes to fight from a distance that benefits Golovkin most, his movement won't bother GGG as much as many are lead to believe and a cornered Lara is very vulnerable.

Lara might have an excellent one, two combo but he would need a lot more than that to actually demoralize GGG and slip away with a win. Notice that Monroe had little to no success when he was trying to stick and move, however he was able to unload combinations and became effective from the inside, once GGG's offense was more limited due to the range in which he was fighting in.

I see no possibility of Lara taking the win. He may have power behind those punches but GGG has an iron chin from what we've seen. If anything GGG is susceptible to the body and on the inside with combinations, none of those are attributes that Lara brings to the table.

GGG corners Lara and puts him away in the mid rounds.

Comment

Lara is the most overrated fighter on this forum...people (not the op) use his name hoping they can beat a fighter they don't like....mayweather, canelo, cotto, ggg, etc. He is skilled, no doubt, but he lacks a professional gameplan and he would absolutely get destroyed by golovkin.

HBO will let certain Haymon fighters on their network to get destroyed by GGG...I know that an offer to Quillin was made in the past...so maybe they would also allow Lara, but I can't see Haymon allowing that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
              Lara is the most overrated fighter on this forum...people (not the op) use his name hoping they can beat a fighter they don't like....mayweather, canelo, cotto, ggg, etc. He is skilled, no doubt, but he lacks a professional gameplan and he would absolutely get destroyed by golovkin.

HBO will let certain Haymon fighters on their network to get destroyed by GGG...I know that an offer to Quillin was made in the past...so maybe they would also allow Lara, but I can't see Haymon allowing that to happen.
              I honestly believe this is a fight that could be made if Lara is willing to go to 160. As far as Haymon letting Lara fight GGG, I don't see a lot of options for Lara that would be good paydays, and if he pulled off the miracle he has several good money fights that could be made. Lara is'nt exactly young anymore either so he can't dick around for much longer. I just don't see Haymon/HBO getting in the way of this fight if the two sides get serious about making the fight.

Comment

He actually got gifted a draw against Molina and Canelo beat him clean in my eyes. He did whoop P-Will though, that was an outrage!

There are some obvious flaws in Lara's game that I hope he & his trainer are working on. One, he needs to be more active, that goes without saying really. Two, he needs to work more on an inside game, he has none, he can only fight from a distance. The way he fights he likes to stay at range and throw a 1-2 and back-off. He needs to learn to FOLLOW UP and let some combo's go. That was his downfall against Canelo - he'd land a really nice 1-2 then back off and not throw for 30-60 seconds. Unacceptable. I'd like to see him work on combination punching body head body or any combination of you know, three or more punches.

Comment

Lara is better than anybody GGG has fought so far. He should just fight him while he waits for the Canelo-Cotto winner. Lara has called him out on many occasions, it's starting to look like a duck to be honest.

Comment

Molina beat Lara, and made it look fairly easy doing it. The draw was total bs. Other than that the OP has a point.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                      He actually got gifted a draw against Molina and Canelo beat him clean in my eyes. He did whoop P-Will though, that was an outrage!

There are some obvious flaws in Lara's game that I hope he & his trainer are working on. One, he needs to be more active, that goes without saying really. Two, he needs to work more on an inside game, he has none, he can only fight from a distance. The way he fights he likes to stay at range and throw a 1-2 and back-off. He needs to learn to FOLLOW UP and let some combo's go. That was his downfall against Canelo - he'd land a really nice 1-2 then back off and not throw for 30-60 seconds. Unacceptable. I'd like to see him work on combination punching body head body or any combination of you know, three or more punches.
                      What drives me crazy watching Lara, especially against Alvarez, is how he sets his opponents up but doesn't capitalize on counterpunching chances. Like, he does everything right except remember to throw the counterpunch.

Comment

Working...
                      X