No announcement yet.

Fighters you expect to get exposed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters you expect to get exposed

Fighters you expect to get exposed when they step up.

Who is hyped beyond reason that you expect to get exposed?

For me...

Frankie Gavin - Just an amateur overachiever for me who doesn't really do anything that great. I expect his hype to die tonight. Hes one of these guys who has had difficulties in life and IMO its used by his fans as an excuse for under-performing as he simply isn't that good.

Adrien Broner - Come on man take your head from the clouds, small, poor mans Andre Berto. His footwork will always be a problem, hes so top heavy. Fluid up top but not in the legs. Hes predictable, an arm puncher. His defense is overrated as you can get.
    Hes nothing special and his body language gives away everything.
    High held guard - Hes gonna jab up top. Shifts weight on his backfoot - left hook counter. Leans in - Hes gonna overreach with the straight right. etc etc
    Hes nothing. Its guys like this make me appreciate the old timers more.
    Jofre, Monzon, Tunney etc etc
    Watch them, watch their feints with not only there hands but feet. They may not of had the best footwork but they was clever with it, watch how they make guys think they're stepping in, Louis was great at this. Marquez would be an example of a modern day fighter. He'd use a 'foot-stomp' to make you commit. Where is Broners feints, period?

Yh most wasn't as 'flashy' and are ATGs but it puts into perspective to me how if anything the guys of today just don't compare for most part. In those days it was more about subtlety in a B-Hop esque manner than flashiness. They beat you not just because they was better but because they had it upstairs. B-Hop for example he isn't the fastest, strongest, hardest hitter but hes so clever compared to most of todays fighters and I feel that is because he studies not just his opponents but old timers and he takes bits on board, hes not brilliant technically IMO but he is a wise old fox and is so intelligent that is what makes him so hard to beat.

broner and gamboa !!

Comment

By subtlety I am kind of saying most of todays fighters are way too predictable and if you watch them, study them you practically know what is coming.

These old timers though would mix it up by giving you different outlooks. Different angles.

Look how Louis would set up his right hand.

Upon first look you would think the man was just a brute but he is a guy for me is far more intelligent than you'd first think.

Because he isn't flashy you'd assume he was ordinary but he was a thinker.

Guys like Broner can not disguise flaws due to their own ignorance and its kind of covered/masqued by flashyness. But if you break him down, you'll see he just does the exact same thing over & over again

Comment

danny garcia.

Comment

Broner, Wilder, Groves

Comment

Originally posted by 3Sun2 View Post
            broner and gamboa !!

Broner - definitely.
            Gamboa has the potential to be a phenom. I think hes incredibly gifted he just often gets bored/fights stupid.

As boring as his last fight was he showed me he can stick to a gameplan. It maybe boring but him fighting inside isn't him and that is what gets him in trouble. Trying to be something he isn't especially against guys like Farenas who are very good inside, decent counter-punchers and don't need room to generate power. Its always dangerous to try pounce on a guy like that.

Comment

Originally posted by TGD View Post
              Broner, Wilder, Groves

Good examples especially Groves. Is it me and I know he has the same trainer but is it me or is he trying way to hard to emulate David Haye? That low left is going to get him in big trouble at the top level. Froch used to but he had the ability to fire from the hip, lead uppercuts and would use it as a strength to draw guys in, I don't get that impression from Groves, he appears an accident waiting too happen.

Comment

Tyson Fury,George Groves,Nathan Cleverly,Malik Scott

Comment

Shiming the second he faces anyone of note. He is going to be gifted a vacant paper strap fighting some bum and be protected for years and years though. So it may be a long time until he gets exposed.

Comment

Cleverly is another, I think hes good technically, better than he gets credit for but he seems a guy who throws for the sake of it. Just paw, paw, touch, touch. I expect Kovalev to plough through him though his lack of defense seems to go unnoticed.

Scott seems very good to me personally, lacks power and goes into cruise mode but seems very good all round when he needs to be. A top opponent I feel will bring out the best in him.
                    He was a jabbing machine before but hes come a long nicely.
                    Very skillful HW though lacks pop.

Comment

Working...
                    X