No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Pavlik-Bute Was 60-40, The Kessler Info is False

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adp023 View Post
    Arum could get seriously sued for publicly spouting out false numbers. So I tend to believe it's accurate.

This is probably all Kelly's fault and him having a bad attitude. Even though a 50K purse for a name fighter in the main event fight in his hometown sounds extremely low, Kelly's recent losses, inactivity and erratic behavior could merit the low purse.

Only Mike Tyson got away with getting 20 mil purses right after coming out of jail!
    $50k is what fighters get for "tune" up fights against nobodies. Right before the Pacq fight JMM got like 75k fighting in Mexico.

Even the guys like Wolak/Rodriguez on FNF hardly ever make more than $50k a fight. The top journeyman make like 30-40k.

But dont forget he was going to make 1.35m against Bute, this was a warmup fight.

Comment

I seriously hope Kessler earning or turning down 3.5M is fake too.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
        I dont think so, that means Bute would be making like 1.8m and Kessler 3.5m? No way that will ever happen.

I think Kessler makes 3.5m fighting at home infront of 20-30k people.

The problem is that Bute can also draw 20-30k people in Romania or Montreal, so why would he go and make less money fighting against a guy who isnt as hot as him?

Kelly Pavlik is ******ed, even if you are going to get knocked out, TAKE THE FIGHT.

If someone offered me even just $100k I will fight anyone on earth, I will get knocked out but atleast I can be drinking some nice beers with money in my pocket.

This way he lost 1.4m+ his ruined reputation that will make HBO/Showtime blackball him and not allow him on TV because he pulls out of fights.

What a joke.

Although the fight was scheduled to be in montreal, don't you think Denmark would be showing the fight via PPV? Im guessing Kessler was getting about the same about of moeny pavlik was getting from the US (showtime) revenue - about 1.3 million. But I heard it's ridiculously expensive in Denmark for Kessler PPV fights - So I don't think it would be unrealistic for Kessler to be making an extra 2 million from Denmark TV along with the guaranteed 1.3 (assuming he was getting the 60-40 split with showtime/USA money).

Comment

Jermain Taylor's nickname is "Bad Intentions", not "Bad News", Marley, you amateur.
          "Writer's" like yourself should know these things.

Comment

Arum is a scumbag that we all know but I don't understand Pavlik's decision cause sounds like he's been drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Medved View Post
              If someone offered me even just $100k I will fight anyone on earth, I will get knocked out but atleast I can be drinking some nice beers with money in my pocket.
              says someone who has probably never taken a single punch in the face.
              also ------> arum owned
              **** that old money grabbing ass off. he wouldn't be publicly crying so much if it wasn't something big in there for him (hint: $$$).

Comment

gimme that 50k i'll take his place saturday

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                  Although the fight was scheduled to be in montreal, don't you think Denmark would be showing the fight via PPV? Im guessing Kessler was getting about the same about of moeny pavlik was getting from the US (showtime) revenue - about 1.3 million. But I heard it's ridiculously expensive in Denmark for Kessler PPV fights - So I don't think it would be unrealistic for Kessler to be making an extra 2 million from Denmark TV along with the guaranteed 1.3 (assuming he was getting the 60-40 split with showtime/USA money).
                  10pm in Montreal = 2-3am in Denmark, I doubt there would be too many people ordering a PPV at 2-3am in Denmark.

I could see this taking place in Romania so both fighters getting 3-4m a piece, since Romania is about same timezone as Denmark so it will be primetime for PPV plus the huge gate incomes.

I think the Kessler thing was a rumour, I havent seen it reported that he would turn down 3.5m to fight Bute in Montreal since he probably makes around the same fighting at home but they have to pay for the arena,staff,expenses, etc.

All he would have to do to fight in Montreal is just show up and do a few pressers.

Comment

kelly just **** on:
                    arum // the people who own the building he was fighting in
                    his team // camp
                    showtime
                    and last but certainly not least his fans
                    imagine if you bought a ****ing ticket and found out that pavlik "didn't want to fight"

this is horrible
                    he's all done

he's going to be a bitter retired fighter by 2012

how the hell is he going to get another fight?

i wish him the best
                    if he's back drinking, thats the only excuse for not fighting, taking the time to get clean and not going in to the ring because he's not at his best

what a sad story
                    if you had told me in '07 that kelly pavlik was going to have a trainwreck of a career i would have looked at you like you had 10 heads

Comment

have fun working at the bowling alley in good ol youngstown, you ****ing drunk...

Comment

Working...
                      X