No announcement yet.

How can canelo beat golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
    I agree with you on the part of the scorecards, since canelo seems to be the judges sweetheart. On the other hand,I don't think that the size of the ring will make much difference, since canelo is pretty stationary, and will barely move around the ring, especially after round 6.
    Canelo boxes like he did Saturday and GGG doesn't land a ton of power shots, Canelo is getting the decision. He isn't as bad as some make him out to be.

If its @ 160, I'll take GGG. If its @ 155, since I'm not sure if the weight will affect GGG (and to be clear since he said he could make 154 comfortably for the Floyd fight Canelo is going to ask for 155) I think its 50/50.

Comment

• Golovkin has a better chin, puts on more pressure, with harder punches than Cotto.

So I also don't understand how Canelo overcomes that with his low work rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Canelo boxes like he did Saturday and GGG doesn't land a ton of power shots, Canelo is getting the decision. He isn't as bad as some make him out to be.

If its @ 160, I'll take GGG. If its @ 155, since I'm not sure if the weight will affect GGG (and to be clear since he said he could make 154 comfortably for the Floyd fight Canelo is going to ask for 155) I think its 50/50.
        Fair enough

Comment

• Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
          Hmm,I see. But realistically speaking, not bringing power into the equation,who has the better timing,range control,and footwork between golovkin and canelo?
          Neither of them lack in those departments, although Canelo could use some foot speed he has very good foot placement, that allows him to be in position to counter or run combinations. It's difficult to get into any of that when Canelo has been in with the much tougher opposition as well.

What I do know is that Canelo rolls punches well, knows how to catch and shoot and he can fight on the inside, those are qualities that will help him against Golovkin. Like I said, it'd be the first time Golovkin is in an actual fight, how will he react to the body shots? Just so many questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            Neither of them lack in those departments, although Canelo could use some foot speed he has very good foot placement, that allows him to be in position to counter or run combinations. It's difficult to get into any of that when Canelo has been in with the much tougher opposition as well.

What I do know is that Canelo rolls punches well, knows how to catch and shoot and he can fight on the inside, those are qualities that will help him against Golovkin. Like I said, it'd be the first time Golovkin is in an actual fight, how will he react to the body shots? Just so many questions.
            Lots of variables up for discussion. Exactly why I made the thread.

Comment

• He will have to fight GGG in the eye of the storm.

This will be a great match up

GGG cuts off the ring well but he doesn't always work on the inside, and his head movement is near non-existant on the inside

Canelo will have to earn his respect, utilize his underused jab to pick up points, and counter and pivot so GGG is not set to punch or fire back

It can be done, both guys are beatable and have weaknesses. GGG hasn't been in with a fighter that is confortable mid range and close quarters like Canelo is.....Canelo gains his respect early and he'll succeed

GGG is a lil taller with a good jab but Canelo can take that away with counters

Comment

• People dont realize how vast the diffeeence in fight IQ between the two. Canelo does not know how to use his advantages in a fight. Look at how he tries to box boxers like trout or mayweather instead of using his size and power and make it a fight. Cotto could not hurt him yet instead of pressing the action he throws potshots and almost got outworked.

look how ggg deals with boxers and how he deals with power punchers. He fights to his advantages. Lemieux couldnt touch him. But against lighter punchers he puts on pressure and makes it a fight.

Comment

• I would favor GGG but if Canelo could avoid the big shot, box effectively and counter punch. I think he's big enough to stand up to him, he has a great chin, and seems to be improving every fight and the one thing I have noticed is his defense continues to improve.

I think this is a fight where he wouldn't to be as concerned about being flat footed.

It would be a WAR because there gonna stand right in front of each other.

I would give GGG the edge but also feel Canelo would have a great shot at pulling off an upset. The one thing we haven't seen is how GGG will react when he actually has shots coming back at him, and Canelo is startng to fight smarter and smarter.

I would like to see Canelo get at least one more fight before GGG, but if it happened at the end of next year I'd be good with that

Comment

• Let the fight go to the scorecards

Comment

• Also work the body early to slow GGG down, if he can get the fight into the later rounds, I would give him a real shot

Comment

Working...
                      X