Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people suddenly defending Sanctioning Bodies?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We could end up with a Saturday night wars similar to the Monday night wars wrestling had since right now boxing is the equivalent to what wrestling was in the territory days with all of these small fragmented promotions and Haymon is trying to shut them down and making a big play.

If someone comes along to challenge him we could have alot of competitive fights with organizations competing for viewership and ratings on Saturday nights but would miss out on alot of fights until eventually someone wins and has the only real viable league like WWE has now in that biz.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      We could end up with a Saturday night wars similar to the Monday night wars wrestling had since right now boxing is the equivalent to what wrestling was in the territory days with all of these small fragmented promotions and Haymon is trying to shut them down and making a big play.

If someone comes along to challenge him we could have alot of competitive fights with organizations competing for viewership and ratings on Saturday nights but would miss out on alot of fights until eventually someone wins and has the only real viable league like WWE has now in that biz.
      except boxing doesn't need a league... That what makes boxing so great, and what makes the dreams of becoming Champ even greater. Boxers are mercenaries, not to be pimped on blocks(see: leagues). A league just segregates world talent

Comment

Originally posted by Zenkai View Post
        except boxing doesn't need a league... That what makes boxing so great, and what makes the dreams of becoming Champ even greater. Boxers are mercenaries, not to be pimped on blocks(see: leagues). A league just segregates world talent
        I think it would be better if boxing had a league pretty much anyone can get a boxing licence and call themselves a pro fighter fighting local guys and if they are lucky get the chance for a high payday in some showcase mismatch against a real world class talent.

Right now boxing does work the way real sports work where the athletes have to be proven to fight at a certain level.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          I think it would be better if boxing had a league pretty much anyone can get a boxing licence and call themselves a pro fighter fighting local guys and if they are lucky get the chance for a high payday in some showcase mismatch against a real world class talent.

Right now boxing does work the way real sports work where the athletes have to be proven to fight at a certain level.
          This is where the sanctioning bodies need to step they're game up.

I disagree about the league whole heartedly, and the sanctioning bodies do just as good as a job, if not better(probably better), than haymond's matchmaking for titles anyways. A league would just segregate talent, not improve matchmaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
            You guys are just going to have to accept the fact that a monolpy is coming, and things are changing. Changing in big ****ing way, and ive noticed on this forum people ****ing hate change no matter if its good or not. They ****ing hate it, they would rather cum to Rios vs Alvorado brought you by scumbag Arum on HBO then see the sport grow with Haymon on NBC. But change is coming I assure you.

PBC has too many fighters now and the rest of boxing is to scattered, disorganized, and unwilling to work together to make a comeback against it. In time, PBC getting 4 -5 million viewers on NBC vs 1m people watching the other half. PBC is going to leave everyone i the dust as far as stardom and popularity. The time will come where if you are not with PBC, you are not considered a top fighter in the sport. The same way people from Bellator os something are not in the same league as UFC fighters.

Its happening. Deal with it. And me personally. I welcome change. Anything then what boxing has become the last 3 decades.
            There have been several fights a year, for the last several decades, that I've enjoyed. You act as though the horrible politics of boxing has left the sport without a single good or great fight. If you truly don't care about any belt as you claim, then what is it that made fights suck so bad in your eyes over the last three decades.

Beyond that, name me one single fight that Haymon has produced that was better than Corrales vs. Castillo I.

As for this coveted new audience that you think will build the sport up, don't count on it. My girlfriend came home from work today and told me that people were talking about the fights around the water cooler. All of their general opinions were that the fights weren't that good and that even they as casual fans could tell who was going to win. Haymon puts on fights where only the most naive troll on the planet would pick the underdog. But I'm sure you're stoked for Porter vs. Garcia. Go Predictable Boxing Contests!

Comment

Working...
            X