No announcement yet.

How long did it take you...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long did it take you...

How long did it take you to be decent in the ring? Obviously we're not all naturals, so how long did it take you to reach the point where you were good enough to compete?

3months 4months

Comment

Originally posted by Pez View Post
      How long did it take you to be decent in the ring? Obviously we're not all naturals, so how long did it take you to reach the point where you were good enough to compete?
      I'd say the 2 year mark is when you are considered one of the "good" boxers. Some kids might say they have only done it for a year, but they usually had mentors or people showing them before hand. Boxing is not an easy sport.

Comment

I'm still working on getting my game up to "good." I boxed for a couple of years when I was 13-14 and then came back to it when I was 32. I've been practicing a lot, doing shadow boxing, going to the technique and conditioning classes and overall doing more exercise and watching what I eat/ drink...

My goal is to start sparring in a month's time...

Comment

Took me about 3 months to start sparring (at which point I still sucked but was in great shape), then took 6 months off. Then came back for 4 months, skills improved a lot but conditioning sucked. Had my fight (lost, but the guy went on to win the open class Gloves this year and earn a North American ranking so he might have been a pretty tough ask for my first fight), at that point I was beating up all the other subnovices and could hang with most of the novices up to around 6 fights. Could provide decent work for the lower-level open class guys. The next 5 months I got where I had to take it easy on most of the subnovices and lower-level novices. Conditioning was still lagging (I felt like I was a lot better than I could demonstrate in the gym. Then I stopped boxing.

I consider guys who are open class 'good,' and a few novices who dominate at that level too. I'd say after about a year of training I was 'getting there.' Thought I was alright for a guy as out of shape as I consistently was.

Comment

im still working on it i took a week off this week so,....

Comment

I started up and 2 months later had my first bout, w-rsc1.....Rockin'

Comment

Working...
              X