Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some people think Molina weight and size advantage won him the fight against Ruslan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
    lol you had to bring up bro Broner in that thread
    lol yep..kinda throws a monkey wrench in that theory

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Dems da rules.

I think day of weigh in makes fighters more drained closer into a fight & probably makes them more at risk for brain injury. And just like now some guys are gonna adapt better to these sport within a sport weigh in rules.

Personally I'd wish we cut the **** completely & fighters were given a "healthy walking around weight range" upon being given a boxing license under a commission & making weight wasn't even a thing anymore. I think losing weight & being in a weakened state due to not eating or potentially eating less is dangerous across the board. Allowing guys to fight at a healthier walking around weight will probably safe lives & puts fighters on a more even playing field & kills the sport within a sport of best weight losers.
      Same day morning weigh in is fine, they still doing it in amateur at high level.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
        lol yep..kinda throws a monkey wrench in that theory
        Well, we knew provo is average, (got beat by Algieri) and somehow now over the hill.

People need to get over it, Molina beat him, a guy who got schooled by AB you re right.

Comment

Is it just me or Molina Jr. weighed in at 141? Look at the scale, final weigh in...man that thing was tipping south about 2 degrees no joke even when Molina raised his arms..

Comment

Well, we knew provo is average, (got beat by Algieri) and somehow now over the hill.

People need to get over it, Molina beat him, a guy who got schooled by AB you re right.
            Exactly.............

Comment

Same day morning weigh in is fine, they still doing it in amateur at high level.
              Amateur fights are short & sweet & about scoring points. Pro fights are all distances including 36 minutes long & are about damaging your opponent. Two different worlds you are comparing.

And for me this isn't even so much about safety as I think its a tiny % of people who actually get killed or receive serious lifelong, life altering damage. Mainly for me its about the sport within a sport of losing weight, under whatever rules they wanna make, that I dislike.

Comment

Yes, we absolutely positively should return to same day weigh ins because nobody was able to gain more than a few pounds in 6 to 8 hours. However, weighing in 30 or more hours before the fight is the rules today. Molina gained 20 pounds while staying within the current rules. Therefor he did not cheat and he did nothing wrong. Being tall and having a reach advantage isn't against the rules. Fighting a smart fight and taking advantage of a longer reach isn't against the rules.

Comment

That is a Absolutely **** Excuse if that is what people are use, EMBARRASSING Excuse actually considering that on the very same card we seen Andrade absolutely DISMANTLE a much bigger guy with No problem.

This is that type of ERA of boxing in which Fans and Fighters make a ton of Excuses after Defeat!

Comment

It's was his reach that won him the fight not his weight.

The rules with weigh ins are the same for everyone.

The same thing will happen if you weigh them in the morning. Some guys can lose and regain more water weight than others.

It's not always an advantage if you overdo it that water doesn't get to where it needs to be.

Prov is only rated because of the Bradley fight, where Bradley fought a stupid fight.
                    Last edited by Furn; 06-13-2016, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Excuses, excuses. Nothing new here.

Comment

Working...
                      X