No announcement yet.

Why Wilder's Flaws are Actually a Good Thing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ Enerate View Post
    "Good feet" your having a laugh. He has the worst footwork I think I have ever seen in a champion. His balance is so bad because of his poor footwork as well as over throwing his punches. His game is a mess from start to finish. Some power though.
    Good Feet as far as moving around the ring and moving out of the way of punches especially for his size, he is very light on his feet but yes his Footwork is flat out Awful as far as Technique and how he place them, his footwork is all over the place

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      LOL but yea I agree. I've been overhyping it by saying Wilder could be the Gatti of the HW's cuz I could definitely see him make some fun ass comebacks after getting floored with Wilder's sloppy style yet big power.

Idk about the Gatti part, maybe being more realistic it'll look more like some of Derrick Jefferson's fights back in the day.
      It's somewhat of a comparison but regardless, my attitude is who ****in cares? Dude is hilarious to watch. There is a time and place to be a boxing geek and that time is not at a Wilder fight.

What's the point of doing a technical breakdown of this dude? There is nothing to break down! He's a train wreck waiting to happen.

Snobs is acting like boxing experts when they say..."x will knock him out"...no ****. But between now and then, this will be a fun and hilarious ride. And the endng is gking to be tragic and epic. I fell on the floor laughing when he was throwing those hooks off the ropes.
      Last edited by -PBP-; 01-17-2016, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Not a fan of that "style" or what ever you want to call it. He is just a raw athlete with Gloves on right now, he has ZERO Boxing Technique and as Lennox Lewis pointed out before the fight, he is still learn, he is a late starter and yes believe it or not he has improved compared to when he would just throw Wild hooks and stumble all over the ring

The Power is scary, he can turn a fight around with 1 Punch but imagine if he added more skills to go with that Power and if he ever learns how to setup his Power. It is like he forgets everything Mark Breland and Jay Deas work with him on during Fight Camp come fight night. Lucky for him not many Heavyweights are as quick and can moves as well as Szpilka can

He needs Variety to his punches badly, he only has 3 Punches, he doesn't throw uppercuts or anything else just the same Jab, Straight Right and Right Hook

So Positives though, he has good feet, also Wilder Defense is actually not bad and he is a lot tougher than he gets credit for
        Wilder dropped molina w a left hook. He can learn i think a fury fight would force him to keep his.chin tucked. Wilder just hasn't had to utilize certain traits bc hw division sucks. I think lennox was right when he said his style was improved by the threat of other high level fighters and comp.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
          I fell on the floor laughing when he was throwing those hooks off the ropes.
          Oh man lol, I cringed at those. Those were beyond awful.

Maybe I'm being a boxing snob doe.

But yea you aren't wrong, ultimately it'll be fun to watch....its always fun to watch.

Comment

All fighters have flaws, it depends on their division, if there's anyone there to put those flaws on display. This happens when the weight class if full of threats even at the lower level. HW gives you this, the lowest level HW's literally have the power to KO the highest rated HW's. A non HOF'er/regular contender can KO a HOF'er/ATG at HW. Ali went through it, Wlad went through it, Lennox, Tyson, Louis. Wilder will probably go through it too, but it's what he goes on to do that will matter more. A bit off the HW topic, Pacquiao was knocked out twice by two elemantary school janitors but look what he ended up doing.

When the highest rated guys in a division are pretty weak competition in general, for any fighter, then a fighter with flaws will be safe and sound and we will not see those flaws get exposed.

Comment

Absolutely hilarious to see the bum get exposed last night, he will get smashed the moment he fights anyone decent, the fact it took him 9 rounds to get the win is a joke.

Even the fraud David Haye would easily beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Good Feet as far as moving around the ring and moving out of the way of punches especially for his size, he is very light on his feet but yes his Footwork is flat out Awful as far as Technique and how he place them, his footwork is all over the place
                See i think one of his major problems is being in co ordination with both his upper body movement and footwork. He tends to use good footwork, but then neglect his upper body movement and then when he uses good upper body movement, his feet seem to be concreted to the floor which disrupts his distance control.

If he can somehow get the 'poetry in motion' then he will be a lot more dangerous in his attack and have a solid defense which is essential against the HWs.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                  It's somewhat of a comparison but regardless, my attitude is who ****in cares? Dude is hilarious to watch. There is a time and place to be a boxing geek and that time is not at a Wilder fight.

What's the point of doing a technical breakdown of this dude? There is nothing to break down! He's a train wreck waiting to happen.

Snobs is acting like boxing experts when they say..."x will knock him out"...no ****. But between now and then, this will be a fun and hilarious ride. And the endng is gking to be tragic and epic. I fell on the floor laughing when he was throwing those hooks off the ropes.
                  Exactly. Not surprised posters on here don't get what the OP is saying. Wilder is what he is, a badly flawed athlete, a KO waiting to happen. He also has deadly power and a lot more heart than he's given credit for. I enjoy his fights for what they are. No one's touting him as the next Lennox Lewis.

Comment

Pretty much LOL. I don't enjoy watching Wilder fight because of his master boxing skills. We're all just entertained by his fights no matter the outcome. Posters on here dislike guys who have excellent technical skills, guys who are undefeated, even guys who have lost 1 or 2 fights but don't fight how they want them to. Can't please everyone.

Comment

It is kind of a long term thing with most of the people that talk down about Wilder. There are legitimate concerns and anybody that expects him to be perfect is looking at the wrong things.

Still he has achieved more than most would have expected when he started out, so he is obviously doing things right to a degree.

Plus for all his ills he does have positive attributes also and he exploits those pretty well, so in general he always fights to the best of his ability which is all you can ask. If you watch his whole career you will see a lot of improvement which he needed and could still get a bit better.

Comment

Working...
                      X