No announcement yet.

Who was toughest Frazier or Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
    Ali, Holyfield and Marciano are some of the only ones I can compare to Frazier's toughness. Physical AND mental toughness that is. Tyson had it too just not on that level, that doesn't mean he wasn't tough though.
    very good post

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Ali is not even close in power to Lewis.An indication of how ali truly was a weak puncher for aHW is Fraziers chin who was known to get dropped by smaller guys than Ali.
      Which smaller guys than Ali dropped Frazier?... no fighter ever put Frazier "To sleep" unlike your man Lennox Lewis, who would not have beaten the count, even if the referee counted to 50 when poleaxed by Hasim Rahman..

Comment

I know Frazier had more will and I am almost certain Tyson had more beard for the single big punch. But whenever Mike's will deserted him his beard did too. In the psyche he could not absorb the continuous hammering Joe could and maintain his will. Guys that would have had to knock Frazier cold were capable of making Tyson essentially give up.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          I highly doubt Frazier could walk through Ruddock like Tyson did ,last 10 round rounds with continous punishment from a 6'4 230 pounder or take over 200 punches from Lewis ,theres your answer.
          Eh...? When did this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
            Ali, Holyfield and Marciano are some of the only ones I can compare to Frazier's toughness. Physical AND mental toughness that is. Tyson had it too just not on that level, that doesn't mean he wasn't tough though.
            You've got to put Joe Louis in that group too.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
              Which smaller guys than Ali dropped Frazier?... no fighter ever put Frazier "To sleep" unlike your man Lennox Lewis, who would not have beaten the count, even if the referee counted to 50 when poleaxed by Hasim Rahman..
              Frazier only fought one real HW with power and we saw what happened there ,before you tell me anyone would get k.od by Foreman best check at some of the guys he couldn't k.o...Frazier was dropped several times in his career by guys like light HW Bonevena ,imagine Tyson getting dropped by that guy?

Anyone with power and subtle ability would beat Frazier 4 out of 5 times ,if thats your measuring stick of toughness i guess Frazier is the clear winner here...
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-10-2015, 07:20 AM.

Comment

My view is that Frazier was a much tougher competitor, and that while Ali had his hands full with Frazier, he'd have taken apart Tyson with ease. His size, reach, jab, and ability to take and avoid punches and to string punches together, would have completely overwhelmed Tyson (as good as Tyson was).

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Eh...? When did this happen?
                  It didnt ,but if it did Frazier would get k.od quicker by Ruddock faster than Foreman did it .Frazier was no Tyson and certainly didnt take a punch better than him ,not even close .

Comment

Everyone who fought Joe Frazier was a Heavyweight! There is no weight limitations at heavyweight and everyone with a brain knows that.
                    Frazier is one of the toughest men in boxing history. He defeated Ali in their first match that featured two undefeated heavyweight champions and there was no doubt about the win.
                    Tyson didn't have the will that Frazier had, Tyson was touigh enough and game but Frazier had the competitive edge that didn't need to take on the bully persona. Frazier looked to out work an oppomnent by volumn punching and constant pressure!
                    Every fighter should have the will and guts of a Joe Frazier!

Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      You've got to put Joe Louis in that group too.
                      I could never see the guys I mentioned lay on the canvas like he did against Schmeling and counted out. They'd faceplant while trying to get up or fall into the referee before semi accepting their faith like that.

If I'd add a dominant champion with a long streak, I'd say Holmes considering what he got up from against Shavers and still won and also surviving the beating against prime Holyfield. And only stopped once against Tyson when past his prime, and he was legit sparked there.

Comment

Working...
                      X