• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My bad, that's Jeff Mayweather.

Comment

probably a better trainer than u

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        We have to see to what happens with Jesse Vargas.

He only has Jr, I think he's a solid trainer. But, a lot of people overrate him as a trainer.

But, he was a damn good fighter.
        Even his influence on Jr is kind of suspect. He didn't teach Floyd his fundamentals, Sr. did and Jr's style is even far closer to his father's than Roger. I think Roger took over at a point where Jr was already basically training and refining himself.

Very good fighter but who do you think would have won, Roger or Sr in their prime?

Comment

Meh Floyd Sr. is better imo.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
            Even his influence on Jr is kind of suspect. He didn't teach Floyd his fundamentals, Sr. did and Jr's style is even far closer to his father's than Roger. I think Roger took over at a point where Jr was already basically training and refining himself.

Very good fighter but who do you think would have won, Roger or Sr in their prime?
            But, he has trained Jr from Jr pro debut.

I mean you can have all the skills you want as an amateur. Doesn't make you a great pro.

Also another key aspect is they have great chemistry. There's no denying that.

For example a lot of people like Roach is seen as a great trainer but it seems he didn't have the chemistry with the likes of Izzy Vazquez and B-Hop. When Roach was even saying that they should retire. Both left him went with other trainers and had success. Because, they went with other trainers where they had that chemistry.

So I give Roger credit for that, with his work with Floyd.

Roger was a better fighter than Sr. Doesn't mean Sr was a bum or cab driver or whatever that ignorant imbecile called him.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              But, he has trained Jr from Jr pro debut.

I mean you can have all the skills you want as an amateur. Doesn't make you a great pro.

Also another key aspect is they have great chemistry. There's no denying that.

For example a lot of people like Roach is seen as a great trainer but it seems he didn't have the chemistry with the likes of Izzy Vazquez and B-Hop. When Roach was even saying that they should retire. Both left him went with other trainers and had success. Because, they went with other trainers where they had that chemistry.

So I give Roger credit for that, with his work with Floyd.

Roger was a better fighter than Sr. Doesn't mean Sr was a bum or cab driver or whatever that ignorant imbecile called him.
              So where are his other champs?

Comment

Working...
              X