Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward fights in Germany or England, will he be deducted pts for his style? Poll!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next 2 fights will be in Vegas. But yes if the fight was in the UK or Germant the ref would be strict with Ward. And rightfully so. That said I find it ironic that Hatton seemed to be given much leeway for rough house tactics in the UK but in Vegas he was pretty much limited by the official.

Comment

I don't think Ward would even need to fight like that against Froch. I believe the reason he did so against Green and Bika is because they're dangerous hookers and employing the style he did he took away their best weapons by smothering them. Froch is so effin slow that Ward should be able to just box him without worrying too much about what's coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by mt102879 View Post
        I don't think Ward would even need to fight like that against Froch. I believe the reason he did so against Green and Bika is because they're dangerous hookers and employing the style he did he took away their best weapons by smothering them. Froch is so effin slow that Ward should be able to just box him without worrying too much about what's coming back.
        But he did a lot of it against Kessler, too...so why do you think he wouldn't try to "box" that way against someone like Froch?

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
          If officials don't stop him, he's going to do w/e he can to "dominate" rounds.
          so if he's getting soundly outboxed, expect the dirty fighting...

Comment

I cant wait to see Ward v. Froch. That's going to be borderline MMA. Straight up those 2 actually "Fight". That's the kind of fight where the loser is potentially never the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Tocca View Post
              The final is going to be in NY MSG with the semi-final runners up being the main support...
              Wow, that will be awesome. Froch/Ward MSG would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
                I cant wait to see Ward v. Froch. That's going to be borderline MMA. Straight up those 2 actually "Fight". That's the kind of fight where the loser is potentially never the same.
                It's going to be a fight that spills out of a bar. But in a ring.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                  so if he's getting soundly outboxed, expect the dirty fighting...
                  Ward definitely isn't going to play nice for the sake of gentlemanly loss.

Comment

If he fights Froch on neutral ground and outclasses him like i think he will do you guys give him credit?

Comment

Only Hopkins is allowed to use headbutting in his repertoire.

Comment

Working...
                      X