No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz is boxing's best prospect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor Ortiz is boxing's best prospect

I see a lot of boxing prospects like Gamboa and Khan being hyped, but they have weaknesses and I have serious doubts whether they'll be able to succeed at the highest level.

Of all the young fighters, I think age 22 Victor Ortiz is the best! He showed it once again last night, by quickly and easily taking out a solid, world-class opponent.

Mike Arnaoutis had never been previously stopped, in fact never seriously hurt in a fight. His only two previous losses were a close decisions against Ricardo Torres (most observers thought he won) and Kendall Holt.

With Golden Boy, Ortiz has a promoter that can make the best fights happen for him. I'm hoping he'll be in a title eliminator next fight.

He's really strong, and much more talented than Gamboa or Khan I agree completely.

Comment

yea he's pretty damn good

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Tunney View Post
        I see a lot of boxing prospects like Gamboa and Khan being hyped, but they have weaknesses and I have serious doubts whether they'll be able to succeed at the highest level.

Of all the young fighters, I think age 22 Victor Ortiz is the best! He showed it once again last night, by quickly and easily taking out a solid, world-class opponent.

Mike Arnaoutis had never been previously stopped, in fact never seriously hurt in a fight. His only two previous losses were a close decisions against Ricardo Torres (most observers thought he won) and Kendall Holt.

With Golden Boy, Ortiz has a promoter that can make the best fights happen for him. I'm hoping he'll be in a title eliminator next fight.
        You once said Khan would be the best prospect out of any of them last year before he got KO'd Tunney. I partially agree with you though, depends how Rigenouex (or however you spell his name) the recently defected cuban does.

He was an damn amazing am with a pro style.

Comment

Khan was exposed
          Gamboa has clear flaws, but is a very exciting fighter
          Ortiz is the most solid overall, and will probably go on further career-wise, than the previous two.

Comment

Ortiz has the tools to be one of the best, because he has immense skill and punching power at 140lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P GOAT View Post
              Ortiz has the tools to be one of the best, because he has immense skill and punching power at 140lbs.
              Maybe you're right..I just don't see it.

Comment

I agree, BTW I wonder what happened to Abner Mares I expected him to be fighting for a belt by now.

Comment

yea but because he makes his fights look easy..some people think he's fighting bums...

Comment

he's a great young fighter, and just what the sport needs.

Comment

Working...
                    X