Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Reveals CRAZY Demands By Eubanks For Golovkin Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
    Ah, well 5 mins Hearn says they wanted to "nearly double the Anthony Joshua ticket prices"
    "Nearly" and "double" are safe claims to make when he's not being specific. The real reason is Hearn didn't want any tyoes of co-promotion with Eubank Sr., and I'm sure his advsisors as well told him not to do so. Eubank Sr. perhaps might have a good idea too how to sell if he gets to collaborate on the cards for the sake of ticket prices.

The circumstances are that Joshua is a new heavy British star innit, there could be theory that UK fans would be blessed in the hopes of Eubank with an upset? Where's the British pride? Surely it exists. Or is a 147 vs Golovkin the ideal British solution?

Seems more like a slap to British fans if you ask me. A huge huge gamble with nothing to lose for Hearn or Brook or the fans? Khan got KTFO. The British don't need more of this, especially for thoee that follow it thinking British boxers are easy to hit the canvas? Hearn on crack

Comment

People defending Hearns claims just like the rebirth of being suckered into old school Arum tactics... goodnes...

Comment

usually you would think the fighters team demanding such ridiculous things would be a sign they don't really want the fight but with the Eubanks I just think they suffer from Egomania

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
          There are many inconsistencies too. Abel publicly stated that they couldn't wait any longer for Eubank Jr because of HBO's "dates," as if HBO has a problem with Lil'G...
          You clearly don't understand how boxing works. There are competing shows on other dates in September, it's the most packed month in boxing almost every year, and if GGG waited until October, they wouldn't be able to again this year.

By the way, who has Bronze Pepper Sprayer fought? I always get a good laugh watching people criticize opponents of other fighters while fanboying for fighters who fight the likes of Chris Arreola, Artur Szpilka, Johann Duhaupus, Eric Molina, Jason Gabern, Malik Scott, Nicolai Firtha, Siarhei Liakhovich, Audley Harrison, Kelvin Price, Damon McCreary, Kertson Manswell, Owen Beck, and Jesse Oltmanns. Really nice list of recent opponents there. Oh no, did I forget #2 pound for pound superstar Bermane Stiverne who he fought five fights ago? My bad.

You've also got Lara in your sig, so I can't decide, are you a hypocritical Bronze Pepper Sprayer fanboy, or a hypocritical Al Haymon fanboy in general? I'm going to go with Haymon fanboy in general.

Comment

Jr. has learned to duck just like Sr. Like father like son.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
              Eubanks has previous with these types of demands.

The deal offered was exactly the same as Joshua gets, and Joshua does VERY well out of the PPV revenue.

Eubanks Snr wanted to control ticket prices, the undercard AND the undercard purse.

They made similar demands when trying to negotiate a rematch with BJS.

Remember, Eubanks has NO EXPERIENCE of promoting an event this big.
              Ok...so that's true, but did Eubank walk away from the deal? Eubank has every right to ask for everything he can get. But what happened after Hearn said no? Did Senior refuse to agree? Why did Hearn continue to predict that the Eubanks would walk away from the fight? Uncharacteristic of a promoter wouldn't you say?

Comment

Wow haha these Eubanks are bunch of BS they never wanted this fight.. I think wanted the fight more than they did lol ...Smh operational control just for that I hope someone kicks Jr's ass...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                  You clearly don't understand how boxing works. There are competing shows on other dates in September, it's the most packed month in boxing almost every year, and if GGG waited until October, they wouldn't be able to again this year.
                  Right. Loeffler and Hearn been talking about Brook for months. Are you naive to think there are no back up plans in general business? HBO wouldn't lose anything announcing Eubank or Brook a week from today. lol Can't believe you're suckered with the Abel narrative that HBO are giving Lil'G deadlines. His fight was going to happen whether it was Brook or Eubank on said date. They knew he was going to sign the offer no matter what. It wasn't "news."

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                    Jr. has learned to duck just like Sr. Like father like son.
                    What the f.uck did you just say

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                      You've also got Lara in your sig, so I can't decide, are you a hypocritical Bronze Pepper Sprayer fanboy, or a hypocritical Al Haymon fanboy in general? I'm going to go with Haymon fanboy in general.
                      lol. ok..

Comment

Working...
                      X