Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If someone told you Oscar De La Hoya and Fernando Vargas would end up friends...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If someone told you Oscar De La Hoya and Fernando Vargas would end up friends...

would you believe them?

Its crazy how Oscar and Fernando are friends now, and Fernando trains Oscars son Devon, and Oscars son who he hasnt seen he is now on good terms with and takes him places and visits him frequently and brings him to the fights. Oscars son is also good friends with Fernandos sons.

I keep thinking wow, can't believe this, I still remember when Fernando Vargas hated Oscar de la hoya, he hated him worse than anything, he even said he would never forget oscar laughing at him and made a promise he would never give Oscar a helping hand after what he did.

Now they are working together.

Funny, though I believe it. Most of my friends are people I didn't like or get along with at first, girls I had a bad falling out with, etc.

Comment

It's called growing up. Looks like Fernando has matured.

Comment

oscar laughed at him in what way?

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyCage View Post
          oscar laughed at him in what way?
          From what I remember they were doing roadwork and Vargas fell in a snow pile and Oscar laughed. Seems that vargas took it waaay to personal.Seeing people fall is probably the funniest **** ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            Funny, though I believe it. Most of my friends are people I didn't like or get along with at first, girls I had a bad falling out with, etc.
            Yeah but did they hate you like Nando hated Oscar? Fernando hated Oscar so bad he even cried when he lost and even took steroids to try and killed Oscar in the ring thats how much he hated Oscar, he didnt even congratulate him and felt like dying when Oscar won.

Comment

Yes. It's not hard to believe. Trinidad and Oscar are friends also. They are all great boxers and the fights they had with each other made boxing history. That often bonds them together in friendship and respect. Each knows the other was damn good even if they beat them. Hearns, Leonard, Hagler and Duran are all friends. Tszyu and Judah are good friends now and Judah went to Russia as the guest of Tszyu.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                Yes. It's not hard to believe. Trinidad and Oscar are friends also. They are all great boxers and the fights they had with each other made boxing history. That often bonds them together in friendship and respect. Each knows the other was damn good even if they beat them. Hearns, Leonard, Hagler and Duran are all friends. Tszyu and Judah are good friends now and Judah went to Russia as the guest of Tszyu.
                lol none of those guys spewed the venom and had the type of anger and hate for someone that Nando had for Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinM. View Post
                  From what I remember they were doing roadwork and Vargas fell in a snow pile and Oscar laughed. Seems that vargas took it waaay to personal.Seeing people fall is probably the funniest **** ever.
                  Exactly. Vargas probably matured a bit. I mean how many guys hate a guy so much cuz they LOL'd at some LOLable ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Exactly. Vargas probably matured a bit. I mean how many guys hate a guy so much cuz they LOL'd at some LOLable ****.
                    Vargas was very sensitive, he got butt hurt at anything and took offense to the littlest things. I remember laughing myself at that story, they had the prefight saying Bad Blood, and when he finally revealed the beef, I laughed hard, Vargas might have hated me too just for laughing at it.

Oscar laughed cause it was funny he fell in snow, Vargas was crying and got mad cause Oscar just continued jogging instead of helping him up. He said he looked up to Oscar as a big brother and that hurt him when Oscar laughed at him. I would have laughed too if I fell in some snow on the side, I wouldn't be mad if others laughed especially if I wasn't seriously hurt.

Vargas held a grudge over that, pretty pathetic if you think about it. Now if Oscar shoved him in the snow it would be a much different story.

Comment

Working...
                    X