Guillermo Jones vs. Denis Lebedev II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guillermo Jones vs. Denis Lebedev II

Coming up of Friday.

Telecast starts 8 AM Pacific/11 AM Eastern. The main event will likely be about two hours later.

Here's the full card:

www.boxrec.com/show_display.php?show_id=688722

There was a very good co-feature (Eduard Troyanovsky vs. Richar Abril) but it has been postponed until June 7.
    G Jones by decision
    4.00%
    G Jones by KO/TKO
    44.00%
    Lebedev by decision
    44.00%
    Lebedev by KO/TKO
    4.00%
    evenly matched, difficult to predict
    4.00%

The poll is expired.

Let's hope Jones isn't allowed to use steroids and other illegal substances this time around. Taking Lebedev UD

Comment

Lebedev brings home the win this time. He took all that Jones had to offer and was on him all night, even with one eye. Lebedev will wear him down.

Comment

If Lebedev's team has any smarts at all, they'd focus on the body from round 1. Not like the first fight wasn't close but LOL at getting into strictly a headhunting battle against someone like Jones - horrible gameplan. All Jones has to do is not get KO'd and keep his hands moving and he'll do damage through accumulation like he always does.

Comment

Who is training Lebedev now?

Comment

As long as Lebedev doesn't get hammered again -- I see a pretty clear decision win for him, Jones' inactivity and age all stand against him in this fight and it's thrice as hard without the PED's.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
              Who is training Lebedev now?
              Freddie Roach

Comment

Wow, this fight has really flown under the radar. Leb and Jones' first fight was a classic and I don't see this one being any different.

As for predictions, I don't have an idea of how this fight will play out. There hasn't been a lot of press for this fight and I haven't seen any training footage of either fighter.

I'm rooting for Lebedev because his entertaining style has always appealed to me and his warrior like performance in the first fight really speaks volumes on the type of figher he is

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
                  I'd like to see Lebedev win on Friday, but Guillermo Jones is just too big and strong, and has too much of a reach advantage.
                  Don't count Lebedev off, he boxed well in their first fight and won a fair amount of rounds

Comment

Should be a good fight. I am expecting Lebedev to even the score, if his face holds up.

Comment

Working...
                    X