Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Cubans are in the short end of the biggest recent robberies/In back to back years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Cubans are in the short end of the biggest recent robberies/In back to back years

Erislandy Lara vs Paul Williams was the worst robbery of 2011. [Pac-Marquez III was the bigge$t]

Richard Abril vs Brandon Rios will more than likely end up being the worst robbery of 2012.

Which Cuban boxer will get robbed in 2013, Gamboa? Rigondeaux? Lara again? Solis? Abril again?

Will this trend scare away the highly skilled and talented Cuban boxers from the United States? And will they instead fight in Europe, Asia, etc?

Imagine if Solis fights either Vitali or Wlad and got robbed in Germany. Wow.

Comment

Campillo might have a say in it.

Comment

That was just an awful decision, and yes Abril was holding a lot, but he didn't go in there and pull a Carlos Molina or anything, it wasn't as bad as that. I had Abril winning 118-110. I don't see how you could give Rios anymore than 1-2 rounds. Even 3 rounds is stretching it.

Campillo, as well as Lara and Abril, got robbed big time as well. I'm not even an Abril fan, I'm a Rios fan.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
          Campillo might have a say in it.
          That was a terrible decision as well, a robbery. But the knock downs make it a lesser robbery than Abril-Rios IMO. Both are still robberies though.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
            That was just an awful decision, and yes Abril was holding a lot, but he didn't go in there and pull a Carlos Molina or anything, it wasn't as bad as that. I had Abril winning 118-110. I don't see how you could give Rios anymore than 1-2 rounds. Even 3 rounds is stretching it.

Campillo, as well as Lara and Abril, got robbed big time as well. I'm not even an Abril fan, I'm a Rios fan.
            I wasn't either. I am now.

Richard Abril made Brandon Rios look like a plodding caveman, not worthy to carry his spit bucket.

Comment

BFD.

You know who doesn't get robbed? Orlando Salido.

You either go Orlando Salido on his ass and knock him the f*** out, or you risk being robbed.

Stop whining losers.

Comment

What an idiot .

Last time i recall

Rigondeaux got a gift split decision against cordoba . cordoba really whooped his a s s

LARA got a gift decision vs Molina . Molina whooped his a s s

Comment

Originally posted by FirePunch View Post
                  What an idiot .

Last time i recall

Rigondeaux got a gift split decision against cordoba . cordoba really whooped his a s s

LARA got a gift decision vs Molina . Molina whooped his a s s
                  Rigondeaux beat Cordoba. It was close but he won. And while Molina probably should have won he didn't beat Lara's ass.

But yeah, it's not about Cuban's getting robbed it's about who is the bigger name going into the fight.

Lara got the nod against Molina because he was supposed to win.
                  Rios got the nod against Abril because he was supposed to win.
                  Cloud got the nod against Campillo because he was supposed to win.
                  Williams got the nod against Lara....
                  etc
                  etc
                  etc

Comment

The biggest robbery I ever saw was given to a Cuban fighter.

Casamayor vs Santa Cruz

Comment

Working...
                    X