Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't believe we went to Arsenal with the players that we don't have available, to play as badly as we did and to win that comfortably. Pretty awful performance from us I thought, our finishing is shocking at times. Should've put them to the sword 2nd half. But I can't complain too much, big 3 points that. United have to go to to Spurs next week so hopefully we'll close the gap a bit.

Hopefully the Kompany red gets rescinded, joke decision.

Look at Wilshere going to ground before he even gets near making contact the girl.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      You don't remember what it was like before the rule change though. Striker gets through on goal and the defender (or worse, goalkeeper) kicks his heels away changing a certain goal into a lottery of a penalty and getting a yellow card. They were deemed "professional fouls" and the change in the severity of the punishment improved the game immeasurably.

It was a minor rule change that really did a lot of good for the game. Like stopping people from passing back to the goalkeeper.
      Good point! But it needs to be tweaked at least.

Also I have a pretty simplistic view that you basically should score penalties. You should, really.

The other issue is that if Tevez stuck it in it's a booking and not a red card. From an attacking teams perspective you'd rather the red card and a penalty attempt. Chelsea destroyed Spurs in the F.A Cup Semi-final last year but only as a result of Bale sticking the ball in when Cech would have been sent off for taking out Adebayor with the game delicately poised. If Bale was clear headed he would have missed it, Cech would have got sent off and Spurs might have won the game. Instead because they score Cech got the yellow and we pulled their pants down for the remainder of the game.

That's not quite right either.

What did you lot think of the Kompany one? I actually think that Kompany challenge probably is a sending off as well. John Terry once got sent off at Everton for a two-footed tackle that missed the opposing player by about 6 metres. It is the challenge that is outlawed rather than any sort of consideration as to whether they got the or not. Neil Ruddock broke two of Andy Cole's legs with a 'clean' challenge that he didn't even get booked for in a reserve game but he said he went in two footed. If the opponent has both legs planted it is likely to break bones regardless of winning the ball. If you're sliding in face on they always give a red card.

I thought that ref was spot on, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        Good point! But it needs to be tweaked at least.

Also I have a pretty simplistic view that you basically should score penalties. You should, really.

The other issue is that if Tevez stuck it in it's a booking and not a red card. From an attacking teams perspective you'd rather the red card and a penalty attempt. Chelsea destroyed Spurs in the F.A Cup Semi-final last year but only as a result of Bale sticking the ball in when Cech would have been sent off for taking out Adebayor with the game delicately poised. If Bale was clear headed he would have missed it, Cech would have got sent off and Spurs might have won the game. Instead because they score Cech got the yellow and we pulled their pants down for the remainder of the game.

That's not quite right either.

What did you lot think of the Kompany one? I actually think that Kompany challenge probably is a sending off as well. John Terry once got sent off at Everton for a two-footed tackle that missed the opposing player by about 6 metres. It is the challenge that is outlawed rather than any sort of consideration as to whether they got the or not. Neil Ruddock broke two of Andy Cole's legs with a 'clean' challenge that he didn't even get booked for in a reserve game but he said he went in two footed. If the opponent has both legs planted it is likely to break bones regardless of winning the ball. If you're sliding in face on they always give a red card.

I thought that ref was spot on, imo.
        Kompany didn't make a two footed challenge though. It was one footed, he ended up with both feet forwards as he took his back foot out from under him as Wilshere landed on him.

It's one of those things where you can get a straight red for dangerous play. Kompany made very little movement towards the ball or the player and he stood his ground.

Comment

• I'm not sure sparked if you apply the rules for both then yes they are red cards, but with just a bit of common sense then no had the ref not sent either off no one would have been complaining.

Comment

• Although having said that from the ref's perspective it had to be a sending off. His view of the tackle was obscured somewhat so it probably looked worse than it was.

Comment

• How else could he make this challenge without his right foot coming of the ground? Should he just leave his foot planted and end up tearing a ligament?

It's not like he went in with studs showing in both feet, the studs on his right boot are facing the floor. What's dangerous about that challenge?

Comment

• Another fantastic match by Wilshere as usual. I seen Ramsey putting in some work, I can respect that.

Shame Kos got sent off so early. I'm sure Arsenal would of c0ck smacked City.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                  How else could he make this challenge without his right foot coming of the ground? Should he just leave his foot planted and end up tearing a ligament?

It's not like he went in with studs showing in both feet, the studs on his right boot are facing the floor. What's dangerous about that challenge?
                  I don't think you can make a challenge in those situations to be honest. And if Wilshere's feet were planted he would be the one getting completely fucked.

Especially, if you're a unit like Kompany because it is always going to look bad. It does look like just one foot was off the ground but in the end there is no way you can make that challenge without ending with all 12 studs up.

Ladyface Torres got sent off for a similar challenge against Swansea before and God knows he has barely got it in him to make a tackle much less hurt someone.

The thing with refs is that these rules are established and then they have to enforce them. So I sort of think common sense has to be left out of it because it is too variable between different refs.

Let's face it, all refs are **** apart from Alan Wiley. He wouldn't send anyone off for anything. But to be fair to the Mike Dean he applied the rules. He killed the game entirely but he applied the rules.

Bit like Clattenburg when he f.ucked Chelsea.
                  Last edited by Sparked_26; 01-13-2013, 03:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                    How else could he make this challenge without his right foot coming of the ground? Should he just leave his foot planted and end up tearing a ligament?

It's a terrible rule that needs to be changed. I just don't understand why refs can't use their own common sense to deem what challenge is dangerous and which one isn't.

Comment

• Some terrible reffing today

Comment

Working...
                      X