No announcement yet.

(Pic) Gennady Golovkin spars with Tavoris Cloud

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
    What's the point of doing that? GGG style is completely different from Hopkin's style.
    Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
    What for? He needs to fight someone who's slick and tricky, not a technical power puncher. He looked like shit against Campillo and was completely dominated because he couldn't adjust, so I don't know how sparring with GGG is going to help him for this fight.
    When you prepare for a fight, you don't always just spar the same style you are facing, for a couple of reasons.

First off because it's hard to find a handful of guys that all have Hopkins style. Second because sometimes you just spar to get work in. Just to get rounds and go hard and stay crisp.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      When you prepare for a fight, you don't always just spar the same style you are facing, for a couple of reasons.

First off because it's hard to find a handful of guys that all have Hopkins style. Second because sometimes you just spar to get work in. Just to get rounds and go hard and stay crisp.
      This is true, plus I have one more possible reason. When fighting Hopkins, you never know which version you will get. Hopkins, even at this stage, can still do several things in the ring.

It's like back in 2001 when Trinidad was expecting the dirty, rough Hopkins that beat Keith Holmes in a fight that wasn't pretty at all. Then, in September, Hopkins did a 180 and showed superb skills that derailed Trinidad's plans.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
        Is it me or they look almost the same size? But GGG looked small in front of Rosado... Maybe it's the angle.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

the angle may have something to do with it, but cloud is also pretty short. i didn't recognize who he was the first time i saw him in person. i'd say he's no taller than 5'9". he had bad posture for a boxer, though.

Comment

They both have been training at Big Bear for their upcoming fights. They are simply putting in some work.

Comment

Wish I could see the video.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              Wish I could see the video.

i just want to hear the sound,

i bet it's like a cannon going off with those big winning gloves they're wearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                I don't think it has anything to do with his next fight, he's just taking an opportunity to have worldclass sparring.
                World class sparring??? With GGG??? LMFAO!!!!!! Another one that's all in on this hype train! It's ok you guys will get off it once he fights a real challenge!

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  i heard golovkin knocked him out 3 times, each time cloud was out for more than 15 minutes
                  You're being funny, right? Do you really think they would keep putting him in there with GGG after he KO'd him the first time?

Comment

Originally posted by R1DG3Z View Post
                    You're being funny, right? Do you really think they would keep putting him in there with GGG after he KO'd him the first time?
                    I think you missed the sarcasm...

Comment

You want to say THIS is the future of boxing, but they're both 30-31. Not old but not young.

Either way they are putting in that work.

Comment

Working...
                      X