Collapse
No announcement yet.

is Donaire An ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's not done yet. If he cleans out the featherweight division and wins a title at 130, then what?

Comment

No and I don't think he will become one. He was always overrated imo

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        He's not done yet. If he cleans out the featherweight division and wins a title at 130, then what?
        He has a good chance then. His FW title holds no weight right now though. Fighting and beating Walters would make him look better for now.

I'm not counting the interim, but he's at 4 right now and unified a couple of times... that's always good.

If he unified at FW that'd really help, even more so if he won a SFW belt.

If he did that... or half of that, his stock would definitely rise.

Comment

All time great is reserved for very few. What did Donaire do to deserve that? No.

Comment

I rate him much higher than Carl Froch his resume is much better too.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow-boxer View Post
              To butt hurt Rigo fans, a big NO. But to me I say, lets wait for him to retire before judging his career. I think he still has 4-6 yrs.
              You could easily compare Guilermo Rigo to Andre Ward, both butthurt about nobody caring about their career whilst Froch and Donaire have a much bigger fan base and will always make more money than either of the two.

Donaire could do a good few more things yet until he retires but ofcourse the very, very few Rigo fans will always be upset even though Rigo beat him but the fact Donaire is more relevant than Rigo is and ever will be...
              Must suck lol

Comment

No. Still a ways to go

Comment

He's the closest thing south of 130 that can even be considered an ATG, but at this moment, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    He has a good chance then. His FW title holds no weight right now though. Fighting and beating Walters would make him look better for now.

I'm not counting the interim, but he's at 4 right now and unified a couple of times... that's always good.

If he unified at FW that'd really help, even more so if he won a SFW belt.

If he did that... or half of that, his stock would definitely rise.
                    Exactly. Way too early to write him off. Losing to Rigondeaux is nothing to be ashamed of. Other ATG's have lost to worse competition.

Comment

If Donaire is an ATG, Rigo is the All Time Greatest.

Comment

Working...
                      X