No announcement yet.

Any fans of the Dead Rising series?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any fans of the Dead Rising series?

The first one is a really underrated classic in my opinion.

A difficult and punishing game, it's the proudest 1000 gamerscore on my record.

Story was like a really entertaining B movie, the game was fast paced and a lot of fun.

The second one I liked but it wasn't the best, I missed the protagonist from the first one, they did however actually bring him back and rebrand the game as "off the record" adjusting the story to suit him. One of the best things i've seen a games company do.

I did enjoy dead rising 3, on it's own it's a great game but how could they have no Frank West in it? I mean come on really, Frank is like the main guy, how you gonna do that to me capcom?

I also didn't like how they made frank look so old in his dead rising 2 appearance, they said he wasn't in DR3 because he'd be like 76 years old but that's dumb, they didn't need to move the story forward so much. And why did he have to be so old and fat in DR2, it was only 6 years later but he aged like 20 years.

So 3 good games, DR1 and DR2: Off the record are classics, but DR2 and DR3 really miss out on the awesomness that is frank west. I mean Frank was even in marvel vs capcom because nobody wanted to see chuck greene or that mexican guy

I actually love it in DR2: off the record when frank ices his "replacement" from DR2

)

Beat the first and both versions of the second, loved them all. DR3 is enough on its own to make me want an XB1.

I don't know why, but I didn't like the second game the first time I played it. It wasn't until I walked away and came back that I got into it. It really did improve a lot of things from the first game, but the setting wasn't as good to me, nor the story.

Chuck Greene did kick my ass bad in Off the Record. Took me a few tries.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Beat the first and both versions of the second, loved them all. DR3 is enough on its own to make me want an XB1.

I don't know why, but I didn't like the second game the first time I played it. It wasn't until I walked away and came back that I got into it. It really did improve a lot of things from the first game, but the setting wasn't as good to me, nor the story.

Chuck Greene did kick my ass bad in Off the Record. Took me a few tries.
      Yeah the story in 2 was not as good, I found that in the first one, you genuinley care about the characters Brad, Jessie, isabella and even Carlito is a really cool villain. TBH i don't really even remember the names of the other characters in the second.

Comment

Still need to play the second and get the remaining achievements in the first.

I can't speak for the sequels, but DR1 is a great but infuriating "pick up and play" game that takes little to no prep or commitment. That said, there's a ton of **** wrong with the first one from the ridiculously small text, to the blatantly trolling behavior of survivor AI, to only have ONE save location in the entire game, to that annoying c*cksucker Otis calling you up every 2 seconds like a clingy girlfriend that's doing her best to smother you to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          Yeah the story in 2 was not as good, I found that in the first one, you genuinley care about the characters Brad, Jessie, isabella and even Carlito is a really cool villain. TBH i don't really even remember the names of the other characters in the second.
          It must've just been you.

When I think of caring for characters in a game I think of something profoundly well written like telltale's 'Walking Dead' series. The characters in DR1 (and the rest of the series, from what I've heard) are bland and uninspired pieces of zombie fodder.

Comment

Working...
          X