Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was more skilled, Scottie Pippen, or Lebron James?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    Pippen is more talented/skillful than Lebron. Lebron is all physical ability. He is bigger, runs faster, and can jump higher than everyone else. That's why he is good. Wait for that 'age' where you can't run as fast or jump as high kicks in, he wont be **** then.

Pippen was rediculous. And RunsW/Knives is wrong. MJ wouldn't be who you know and love without Pippen. As soon as Pippen gets on that team, all hell breaks loose and the Bulls start winning titles. Pippen literally changed MJ's style of play as well. He even had MJ doing the "tongue" thing. MJ just gets the credit for it because Nike promoted the fuck out of him. Where as Pippen had Fila.

I'm tired of MJ getting all the credit for that team. I was watching that team back then. MJ wouldn't have won **** if Pippen and Rodman wasn't on that team.

MJ is like Ali. Ali gets the credit for that style but all the REAL fans know Sugar Ray Robinson was the guy who did it first.

Pippen is an ATG. There's no doubt about it. A couple things though...

Jordan made his NBA debut in 1984. The next year, he missed like 65 games or something due to an injury. In 1987, Pippen joined the team but the Bulls didn't win their first title till 1991.

So basically, MJ played 2 full seasons only without winning a title prior to Pip but had to play 4 seasons with Pip until they won one. So it's a bit of an exaggeration when you say that "all hell broke loose" when Pip got there.

Hey, I consider myself as one of the biggest Pippen fans out there but let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Pippen is a great player mainly because of his athleticism and good instincts. So it's quite revealing when he had to say this when asked about it...

"A lot of my instincts came from guarding Michael all the time in practice."

I wonder if he would have developed those instincts if he was playing elsewhere. Just a thought.

Btw, you also mentioned Rodman as another player whom Jordan couldn't win without. Rodman joined the Bulls after MJ had won 3 titles already.

Comment

the 22 people who voted for Pippen are haters... plain and simple.

Comment

Le Bron by a country mile

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
          the 22 people who voted for Pippen are haters... plain and simple.
          Bull**** lol. The 23 people who voted for Pippen recognize SKILL. Pippen's skill level on both ends sh**s all over Lebron right now. Lebron is a physical specimen that's relying on size, power and athleticism. Also throw in these soft ass touch fouls that give him god knows how many free throws every game.

Right now when I watch Lebron's game I see a guy that either bulls his way to the rim or he's chucking a deep three. You look up any Lebron James highlight reel and you'll see the same thing. He has ZERO post game. He has ZERO footwork. His finishing ability is primarily with the right hand.

You watch Scottie Pippen's offensive game and it's complete. He has 3 point range. He has a midrange game, can hit a bankshot from anywhere. More importantly he had a post game where he used great footwork, headfakes, up and unders, drop steps. And he could finish equally as good with the right or left hand. That stuff takes SKILL and coordination. Lebron's game isn't about skill and coordination. It's about athleticism and getting 10+ free throws a game. You make a thread about who gets more highlights and who's more flashy Lebron wins in a landslide. You make a thread about who's more skilled and guys who know the game will say Scottie Pippen by a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathFr0mAfar View Post
            Bull**** lol. The 23 people who voted for Pippen recognize SKILL. Pippen's skill level on both ends sh**s all over Lebron right now. Lebron is a physical specimen that's relying on size, power and athleticism. Also throw in these soft ass touch fouls that give him god knows how many free throws every game.

Right now when I watch Lebron's game I see a guy that either bulls his way to the rim or he's chucking a deep three. You look up any Lebron James highlight reel and you'll see the same thing. He has ZERO post game. He has ZERO footwork. His finishing ability is primarily with the right hand.

You watch Scottie Pippen's offensive game and it's complete. He has 3 point range. He has a midrange game, can hit a bankshot from anywhere. More importantly he had a post game where he used great footwork, headfakes, up and unders, drop steps. And he could finish equally as good with the right or left hand. That stuff takes SKILL and coordination. Lebron's game isn't about skill and coordination. It's about athleticism and getting 10+ free throws a game. You make a thread about who gets more highlights and who's more flashy Lebron wins in a landslide. You make a thread about who's more skilled and guys who know the game will say Scottie Pippen by a mile.
            add 1 more hater to the list ^^^

Comment

Lebron James hands down...And he's only 25.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                add 1 more hater to the list ^^^
                you sound like a floyd stan

Comment

I'm pretty surprised that the poll result is as close as it is.

I thought for sure that the natural reaction especially among ppl watching the NBA right now is Lebron.

It just goes to show that ppl in here actually think before they vote.

Comment

How anyone can think Lebron James is more skilled than Pippen is surprising to me. In Lebron I see a 6"8 240 Allen Iverson who is 80 percent physicality and 20 percent technique.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                      How anyone can think Lebron James is more skilled than Pippen is surprising to me. In Lebron I see a 6"8 240 Allen Iverson who is 80 percent physicality and 20 percent technique.

Where the hell did you come up with that number?

Comment

Working...
                      X