The Fight Nobody is Talking About: Yamanaka vs Moreno

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    That's not what I remember.

First, wheh he beat DeMarco, DM was #1 ranked LW and WBC champ. It was a fighter that critics said if Broner beat him he is the goods. Broner KO'ed him and anti-Floyd fans started saying Broner will be better and more exciting than Floyd.

Secondly, as soon as the Rees fight happened posters like myself and IronDan became unimpressed by Broner and saw the holes in his game. The Malignaggi fight did the opposite of what you said it did, to most people it further showed Broner is too flawed and too small for WW. I personally scored that fight a Draw, and always had since the second I saw it live. Broner was only favored to beat Maidana because Maidana looked bad against Lopez and JSK.

Lastly, your response shows a far cry from "being elected as the greatest fighter of the next gen". That has been laughable since it has been mentioned. The second it was mentioned, fans laughed at it, even before the Maidana fight. In the thread that started the whole talk by Larry, most posters disagreed with it.
    Ok..some thought he was a hypejob. But the ring had him #5 p4p. Some Roman a hypejob. Same **** different toilet.

I'm talking ratings. Broner #5 p4p = mainstream biased. Chocolito #1 p4p = hipster bias. I don't know how you can deny this.

Comment

What goes in instead of the stars? I put r ingtv, it shows a page not found error. Put a space in between the original link, in the words that are being censored and i'll put them in properly in my search box.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
        Ok..some thought he was a hypejob. But the ring had him #5 p4p. Some Roman a hypejob. Same **** different toilet.

I'm talking ratings. Broner #5 p4p = mainstream biased. Chocolito #1 p4p = hipster bias. I don't know how you can deny this.
        Gonzalez is getting much more love from fans and media than Broner ever did. Broner was a false top P4P fighter who no one really agreed with, just some hardcore red bar fans who are now all banned probably. Broner was no accepted as a top 10 guy, Gonzalez is being widely accepted.

Comment

http://rin gtv.craveonline.com/news/175855-ring-ratigns-update-mares-advances

Try this one. Mares took Moreno's spot at #10

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post

Here's one that should be obvious: Almost EVERYONE on a contemporary P4P list is overrated. Michael Nunn was #3 before the Toney fight at Ring...Donald Curry was testing Hagler for the top slot before Honeyghan...Neither is in the Hall of Fame and Nunn has never even sniffed the ballot.

Comment

That's not what I remember.

First, wheh he beat DeMarco, DM was #1 ranked LW and WBC champ. It was a fighter that critics said if Broner beat him he is the goods. Broner KO'ed him and anti-Floyd fans started saying Broner will be better and more exciting than Floyd.

Secondly, as soon as the Rees fight happened posters like myself and IronDan became unimpressed by Broner and saw the holes in his game. The Malignaggi fight did the opposite of what you said it did, to most people it further showed Broner is too flawed and too small for WW. I personally scored that fight a Draw, and always had since the second I saw it live. Broner was only favored to beat Maidana because Maidana looked bad against Lopez and JSK.

Lastly, your response shows a far cry from "being elected as the greatest fighter of the next gen". That has been laughable since it has been mentioned. The second it was mentioned, fans laughed at it, even before the Maidana fight. In the thread that started the whole talk by Larry, most posters disagreed with it.
              Broner said "after Floyd retires, I take over" or something like that, and a lot of people agreed with him.... Mostly Floyd fans, imagine that.

I agree on the Rees part though, he easily beat him, but the writing was on the wall after that fight.

Which is why I cringe when people say that Paulie was the one who exposed Broner..... No he wasn't.
              Last edited by Szef; 09-20-2015, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Gonzalez is getting much more love from fans and media than Broner ever did. Broner was a false top P4P fighter who no one really agreed with, just some hardcore red bar fans who are now all banned probably. Broner was no accepted as a top 10 guy, Gonzalez is being widely accepted.
                Gonzalez had to do a lot, for a lot longer, to convince a lot in US media to even watch his fights. Yaegashi, and the expectations for that week of fights, upped the spotlight. Then Sosa got him in front of eyeballs.

And while I can see a case against Roman in the top spot, I can't understand why anyone would question him in the top ten. If he loses to Viloria (certainly possible) it all becomes moot, but there aren't ten guys who belong on some list ahead of him.
                Last edited by crold1; 09-20-2015, 06:57 PM.

Comment

No way. Freedom, 2sweethooks, Spoon23 and ADP02 don't reflect public opinion. Broner was headed towards PPV. The Maidana fight was originally a PPV.

Gonzalez has fought on 1 HBO undercard and is just starting to get mainstream attention. In fact, he was still under the radar when he achieved his best win.

Comment

Sig worthy.

No he's not. He's only had one fight on HBO and he looked like a million bucks in that fight so the love he's getting is understandable.

But it's not even comparable to the attention Broner was getting.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                      Here's one that should be obvious: Almost EVERYONE on a contemporary P4P list is overrated. Michael Nunn was #3 before the Toney fight at Ring...Donald Curry was testing Hagler for the top slot before Honeyghan...Neither is in the Hall of Fame and Nunn has never even sniffed the ballot.
                      And I have no issue with it. When you're comparing 112 pounders to 250 pounders you have to use your imagination.

P4P lists are 75% eye test 25% resume usually. The current Ring list is probably 80% eye test.

It's not like divisional Rankings where x beat y so he ranks higher than y.

Comment

Working...
                      X