No announcement yet.

Ali vs Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Ali wins a UD. But Marciano would present the same kinds of problems Frazier did and have his moments.
    No i dont think he woud, unless we speaking of the 'drafted' version of ali. I assume this is a Prime for Prime match up. Ali didnt have the legs to fight frazier for 15 rounds.

We also have to consider that frazier was a quicker handed fighter. In terms of the pure impact, i would say rocky hit slightly harder, but joe had a better left though.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy1 View Post
      I was mainly asking about Ali - Marciano. Why and how does Ali take it?
      capt sams answer

Comment

I think the fight would look more like the Chuvalo fight than the Frazier fight.

Comment

thinking of a fight that'd be similar......

maybe...... st. valentine's day massacre - ray robinson vs. jake lamotta ?

Comment

Ali would UD or ko Rocky. Theres not many people that could cause prime Ali trouble but Rocky would not. Yeah, Rock is a big puncher but Ali would be so much bigger and could jab the hell out of him. No way Rock could get inside and hit Ali. Its kinda like Cotto V Margarito IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureGoldenBoy View Post
              you actually think a 185 pound marciano would go 12(or 15 rounds) against a 6'6 250 lennox lewis

A fat David Tua did and was hardly throwing any punches. Marciano would bring non stop pressure. Now, Im not saying he would win, but he would give himself a better chance than a non-active Tua, out of shape Briggs and Frightened Golota.

Comment

Originally posted by FutureGoldenBoy View Post
                capt sams answer
                Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

A fat David Tua did and was hardly throwing any punches. Marciano would bring non stop pressure. Now, Im not saying he would win, but he would give himself a better chance than a non-active Tua, out of shape Briggs and Frightened Golota.
                  All those guys you mentioned are bigger than marciano

Comment

I don't believe Ali could stop Marciano (baring a cut stoppage). A cut stoppage is a real possibility, though. Rocky would be chasing Ali all night. Rocky would land his fair share of punches, maybe even hurt Ali at some point. Ali would be to much boxer for him, though. Ali has a great combination of movement and punch. I am a huge Marciano fan, but this is a really hard fight to find a way he wins. Ali by decision.

The computer fight had Rocky winning on a left hook. I'm not sure about the science of the thing.

Saying Rocky couldn't get inside on over a 12-15 round fight is crazy. It's even more crazy seeing as Ali often left is gut open.
                    Last edited by Hester65; 11-12-2008, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
                      I think the fight would look more like the Chuvalo fight than the Frazier fight.
                      that's what i had in mind, more or less

Comment

Working...
                      X