Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquaio vs Juan Manuel Marquez 3 Appreciation thread: Did JMM get robbed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2120 View Post
    marquez won this fight.
    I think Marquez won that fight. Marquez went down in other fights too, but he always got up. Even when Manny hit him when he was down. Not the Manny, JMM put the deep ZZZZZ's on him. Epic KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
      Robbery is too strong a word. It was a decision I did not agree with, but it was a pretty close fight. It comes down to a couple rounds that I though Marquez clearly won, but the judges saw it differently. Not every decision you disagree with has to be a robbery.

Personally, I have Marquez 3-1 vs Pacquaio, but some people have it 3-0-1, others have it 1-3. We're allowed to see things differently without their being a conspiracy.
      everyone knows i'm not biased but I have it 4-0 pac

Comment

I have Marquez winning 7 rounds to 5 in this 3rd meeting.

Maybe PAC was distracted??? I don't remember his excuses for this fight???
        But I remember he had a few. Typical Mammy 'Excuses' PACMAN

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          first round to marquez? come on man. pac clearly won that round and landed the much cleaner punches. how are you going to claim robbery and then mess up on the very first round. the fight could easily be scored for marquez but if you mess up on clear rounds of course you are going to get a comical scorecard.
          where is your scorecard....Pac did little to nothing in the first round. if you're not scoring it...move on

Comment

Originally posted by Twako View Post
            it was a close fight. could've gone either way. no robbery.
            floyd-castillo I was more the definition of a robbery than this fight.

why dont the OP do an appreciation thread of this fight next?
            That was the first one I did genius and all the idiots claiming JLC was robbed didnt even bother to score the fight and just trolled

fight was no robbery couldve gone either way, if you think it was a robbery you need to learn how to score fights

Comment

Marquez won. I wouldn't say it was one sided but by the end of the fight i think it was fairly clear who won the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                round 5: 10-9 Marquez

scorecard: 49-46 Marquez

dont remember Marquez winning rounds this cleanly.....that left uppercut right hand combo got Manny guessing and is thudding

clear round for Marquez who did very well on defense and slipping the jab and left hand

7 rounds to go

round 6: 10-9 Pac...he was more active, landed some good lefts and both made the other pay with mistakes....close round

round 7: 10-9 marquez....cleaner shots, better defense, left hook to the body and left uppercut right hand combo is working expertly

scorecard: 68-65 JMM

AT THE END OF THE ROUND ROACH TELLS MANNY HE IS FALLING BEHIND

Comment

round 6: 10-9 Pac...he was more active, landed some good lefts and both made the other pay with mistakes....close round

round 7: 10-9 marquez....cleaner shots, better defense, left hook to the body and left uppercut right hand combo is working expertly

scorecard: 68-65 JMM

AT THE END OF THE ROUND ROACH TELLS MANNY HE IS FALLING BEHIND
                  ROUND 8: 10-10...fairly even round. i'll score it even, not much between them in that one. Both did well of defense made sure not to get out of position and both landed good shots.

scorecard: 78-75

Comment

i had it 8-4 or at a push 7-5 to Marquez

no way pacquiao won, he was controlled and countered all night, think it was first time Pacquiao tried to box with Marquez and didnt go too well imho.

Everytime i score it i can never give Pacquiao more than 5 rounds and I thought Marquez ring generalship showed that night.

Comment

ROUND 8: 10-10...fairly even round. i'll score it even, not much between them in that one. Both did well of defense made sure not to get out of position and both landed good shots.

scorecard: 78-75

round 9 marquez: 10-9

close round, he was getting to manny with those uppercut right hand combos...manny barely missed some good shots if they landed. ring generalship and defense the difference

88-84 JMM

Comment

Working...
                      X