Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be remembered as the better fighter, Cotto or Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto is so overrated its not even funny

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
      Mosley he was one of the greatest 135 pounders ever.

Comment

I think it depends on how long Cotto sticks around past his prime. Mosley has the fact that he cheated plus he's fought on at a much lower level, and I think our perception of him has dropped in the last three or four years.

I personally think Mosley did more, although he definitely doped. I rooted for Cotto in every fight except the first Margarito fight and rate him higher because he doesn't have anything to tarnish any of his efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          its mosely. lol @ anyone who says cotto.
          So you just disregard mosley cheating?

Comment

I think it's close.

It all depends on how highly you put the wins of Oscar and Margarito. Do those wins outweigh what Cotto has done in his career?

I think it can be debated for either side.

Comment

Mosley,Mosley was the undisputed WW Champion,and beat Champions for their belts..I don't believe Cotto has ever done this..I'd have to go with The Sugar Man...

Comment

Originally posted by Quiet_Storm View Post
                Cotto was never THE man at any weight he fought at.

He was belt holder at 140 while Mayweather, Tszyu and Hatton were there. At 147, Mayweather was the lineal champion and at 154 he was just another titlist.

At no point in his career could you say Cotto was the top dog in any division he fought at.

Compare that with Mosley, who was the man at 135, skipped a division and dethroned prime De La Hoya at WW then beat him again at 154.

Head to head, a close but clear victory over a 36 year old Mosley is still Cotto's best win, that right there is testament to Shane's greatness.

Based on that fight, prime Mosley KO's Cotto.
                Thread...I believe on this note this thread is finished...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  Mosley,Mosley was the undisputed WW Champion,and beat Champions for their belts..I don't believe Cotto has ever done this..I'd have to go with The Sugar Man...
                  When was Mosley the undisputed champ?

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
                    So you just disregard mosley cheating?
                    nope, but when did he cheat? i dunno. so i go by what i do know. either way to me, its clear who has the better wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                      Mosley he was one of the greatest 135 pounders ever.
                      Please list all the great fighters Shane beat at LW to warrant such a title. And yes, i will allow you to use boxrec this time kid.

Comment

Working...
                      X