Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan has always had heart. but ....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan deffo has recovery problems and Willie Lamond proved he has undeniable chin issues!
    He has zero respect in the UK outside of his community because, as we all know, he avoids dangerous fighters. Hearns had chin issues but what does he do- steps up and takes on Hagler,Iran Barkley etc win or lose he got respect.
    You can say his handlers are protecting him but surely at some point you have to take control and say 'put me in with a live opponent'. He is basically a dishonest hypocrite i.e cheating on his wife despite his faith, lying about sparring Ward-he is totally deluded, thick as a dam wall and needs to fight Brook!

Comment

Correction-he has been avoiding big hitters since the Prescott fight. He tried desperately to avoid Maidana, opting for Malinaggi until the WBA threatened to strip him, he then runs a mile from the lucrative rematch. There was even some legal issues whereby Khans team were trying to dispute Maidanas' Mandatory position. After this fight he once again went for light hitters McKlosky Peterson- Garcia was a late substitute for the Peterson rematch (I give him credit for taking that one) after Garcia.... you know the rest. Waste of a career!!

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        Nobody can force Mayweather into a fight!

And I'm assuming that since he signed with Haymon, Khan has been following Al's advice, otherwise, what would be the point of paying him?

One problem has been that most of the top guys around Khan's weight are also Haymon fighters, and Al doesn't seem to like his top guys going against each other.
        He's had plenty of opportunities to fight dangerous fighters, he only wants to fight the best i.e. May/Pac as financially it is the holy grail. You see we can't blame him for chasing the money but you have to earn those fights by beating the leading contenders. Go look at Tommy Hearns fights, he had a dodgy chin but fought the best. Khans' handlers are happy for him to cherry-pick and,it seems, Khan is happy to let them do it for him. He's 28yrs old you don't get to hide behind your handlers-take responsibility, fight the leading contenders and earn the mega fights.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          He never tried to force Mayweather into a fight. He's stupid and thought his name was enough. And if he can't get Floyd, then fight the next best available opponent.

Khan didn't do that because he didn't care about fighting the best, he cared about the exposure in fighting Floyd Mayweather. Haymon didn't make Khan fight disappointing opponents for 2 years. That's on Khan.
          Well said-been reading your posts and you have Khan in - a - nutshell. Spot-on!!

Comment

Working...
          X