No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Gives Until April To Decide on Pacquiao Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez Gives Until April To Decide on Pacquiao Fight

On Tuesday night in Mexico City, there was a meeting between Juan Manuel Marquez (55-6-1, 40KOs) and his promoter Bob Arum, CEO of Top Rank. The two of them met to discuss the details of a fifth fight with Manny Pacquiao (54-5-2, 38KOs). After the meeting, Arum said Marquez was given until April to decide his future.

Juan Manuel told Arum that he doesn't know what he wants to do next, regarding a fight with Pacquiao. They decided to revisit the conversation in April. Last December, in their fourth meeting, Marquez knocked Pacquiao out in the sixth round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yeah I hope he takes on some young guns now.
    Like Rios, Garcia or maybe even Broner
    Khan would be really funny too

Comment

Pacquiao never gave immediate rematches to Marquez. It's time to return the "favor". Both guys have money, now its about fighting other young exciting fighters. Although a dangerous fight, I see Ríos getting disected by Doctor Marquez.

Comment

In a perfect world based on what has already happened in boxing, marquez decides not to do a 5th fight, floyd gets pacquiaoed by guerrero, and pac and may decide to get it on in september instead lol

Comment

At this point of his career, JMM all likely is thinking of making the most money, as all fighters do his age, and are top fighters in the sport. All these idiots who want him to fight guys like Rios, Broner, Khan......thats just stupid from a money standpoint. Pacquiao will generate another killing, and anyone with half a brain knows this sport is about DOLLARS, NOT giving the fights us fans want to see.

Comment

There will be $15-20 million reasons for JMM to take the 5th fight !!!

Comment

I wish boxingscene would stop telegraphing that they don't want the fight to go ahead.

You don't need to include Marquez's quote with EVERY article on JMM vs Pac V. The first 20 was enough.

Comment

Yeah, they'll be a fifth. There is too much money on the table for JMM. I, for one, look forward to it if it ends up being as good as IV.

Comment

juan "the tank" marquez - he's not going to fight pacman on even terms, forget a fifth fight - now that drug testing is in the picture, the mexican is scared ****less.....suspicious as f/ck

Last edited by The Guillotine; 02-28-2013, 10:25 AM.

Comment

juan PED marquez

Comment

Working...
                    X