No announcement yet.

Gerorge Foreman: Wlad won't leave much of a legacy in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Lmao, I love the lies you spew. Are you talking about the little back and forth we had after I wouldn't let you troll the history section?
    Wasn't that was when this nut case called Tommy Morrison a white Joe Frazier?

Bury you? this guy already buried himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
      Physical prime & actual prime: Two very different things sir.

You fail. Once again.

I thought that fighters holding titles into their late 30's and 40's would have convinced you but it seems like that missed ya altogether.

You can become a smarter fighter, but you aren't going to become physically better. It takes a combination of the two to make a great fighter, but that doesn't mean he wasn't prime for the fights mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
        Well most people agree that Wlad is still in his prime, something that generally takes longer to reach for larger fighters. When people speak of prime Tyson, they're talking about Mike in 87/88, essentially two years, maybe two and a half. Exactly how long a prime would you say Wlad has had?

When I think of prime Lennox Lewis, I think from ages about 31 to 35, after he'd had a year or two to adjust to Steward. Prime Ali, maybe 64 to 67, cut short of course by Vietnam.

If we're going to call Wlad prime for 10 or 12 years (or even more, like the genius posting the Puritty fight apparently believes) certainly that has to come into play when assessing his career.
        So Wlad was a WBO champ, been a pro for 5 years, but he can not fight the top fighters around and get away with it.

Not in my book.

Wlad has made some adjustments but they have been tactical, protect that chin and take no chances.

He has not improved physically or technically to any significant extent.

Comment

Lmao!! Ok, so know it has to be nationalistic! You prove my whole point that Klit huggers have to keep coming up with excuses because others refuse to put their idol on a pedestal. So let me help you out a little bit here so we understand each other a little better. I rank Wlad at 15 or 16 all time right now with room to improve. I have no doubt he is the best of his era. And While I don't think he would beat every past great I do think he would be a top fighter in any era. I will not however overlook his glaring flaws, weaknesses and crappy era though just because some boys don't want their image of their hero spoiled. Any time you want to compare who knows more about the sport and why, just let me know.
          You're not fooling anyone with your protestations of objectivity. Anyone who claims "prime Wlad" lost to Sanders and Brewster doesn't need to say anything else on the K-Bros. You gave away the game already and that's why you're furious and name-calling.

You seem to have a good deal of what appears to be a fragile ego bound up with your posts on this site. So when people take you on, you get extremely defensive, boastful, and apparently become downright stalker-ish in your behavior.

You should be removed as a moderator here forthwith.

Comment

Lmao, I love the lies you spew. Are you talking about the little back and forth we had after I wouldn't let you troll the history section?
            Troll? You mean what you do on every Klitschko thread? Is that what you were thinking I was doing? I gave an opinion. I call it like I see it. Always. (example?) I absolutely hate B-hop, but can always give him credit for what he's done. I call it right down the middle. Doesn't mean anything else to me otherwise. If you don't agree with my OPINION, ignore it & move along. But you probably can't seeing as how this is as good as it gets in your life.

Comment

• Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
              Wasn't that was when this nut case called Tommy Morrison a white Joe Frazier?

Bury you? this guy already buried himself.
              Lmao, yeah I think so!!

Comment

You can become a smarter fighter, but you aren't going to become physically better. It takes a combination of the two to make a great fighter, but that doesn't mean he wasn't prime for the fights mentioned.
                An absolute lie. Why don't I ask David Williams if Wlad has become physically better since the fights you cite, since he has been around for most of them in training camp.

In addition to adding swimming, Wlad also changed his diet after those fights and brought David on to cook for him. This also helped him to improve his endurance markedly. You never see Wlad gasping for air after fights these days like he did back in the Sanders era.
                Last edited by ChopperRead; 07-16-2011, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Troll? You mean what you do on every Klitschko thread? Is that what you were thinking I was doing? I gave an opinion. I call it like I see it. Always. (example?) I absolutely hate B-hop, but can always give him credit for what he's done. I call it right down the middle. Doesn't mean anything else to me otherwise. If you don't agree with my OPINION, ignore it & move along. But you probably can't seeing as how this is as good as it gets in your life.

You see that is the difference between you and I. I supply facts. you give an uneducated opinion. What exactly is your back ground in boxing? Any credentials or are you just an armchair fan?

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Your mind controls your physical body man. When you get older , you get wiser and react in a better way, making you physically better. Did you seriously just write that? The key is to keep the body as sharp as it was like in your physical prime.(28-35,imo) Obviously this is not a Klitschko problem. Wlad now is the best he's ever been. He will not lose any time soon and when he hangs em up at like 37-38, he will have won 20+ title fights and will likely be considered top ten all time. If you don't like that, fine. But there's no use in trying to convince others not to like it too.

Comment

Oh and for the record, while I think that the Vitali that fights today is slower than the one that faced Lewis-thru-Williams, I think this version is way smarter and has better technique. He would have had a far easier time with Lennox Lewis and would have most likely stopped him within 6 rounds.
                      would've, should've, could've What really happened when they fought?
                      Answer: TKO 6 ROUND

Comment

Working...
                      X