• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 picks: Alvarez 160 competition Q1-Q2

Ievgen Khytrov
    Ryota Murata
    Maciej Sulecki
    Sergiy Derevyanchenko

Canelo going to have the Cotto rematch in May 2017,,, probably Brook in September

Comment

Brook hopefully.

Brook KOs him imo.

Comment

I suspect Lemieux. It gives the appearance of a legit fight but Lemieux plays into Canelo's style incredibly well. He'll be a step behind Alvarez the whole fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I suspect Lemieux. It gives the appearance of a legit fight but Lemieux plays into Canelo's style incredibly well. He'll be a step behind Alvarez the whole fight.
          Sure. The Canadian fan base will boast well. However, I'd like Alvarez to face top 15 unbeaten fighters. Ryota Murata, a seasoned 160 frame hits hard, a tad slow, but conservatively accurate, a bigger Angulo. Plus Murata won a Gold. I wonder if HBO could sell that and have Top Rank feel good about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
            Sure. The Canadian fan base will boast well. However, I'd like Alvarez to face top 15 unbeaten fighters. Ryota Murata, a seasoned 160 frame hits hard, a tad slow, but conservatively accurate, a bigger Angulo. Plus Murata won a Gold. I wonder if HBO could sell that and have Top Rank feel good about it.
            I agree, but I don't see GBP going with too many more undefeated/unknown fighters. Fking fans trash a guy is they haven't heard of him, like they did with Smith, who is very decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              I agree, but I don't see GBP going with too many more undefeated/unknown fighters. Fking fans trash a guy is they haven't heard of him, like they did with Smith, who is very decent.
              I agree, but assuming Nelo stays at 160 for the next 2-3 years, the new top 15 names, generations after what we know now, will be talked about, and who knows whom from 154 (now) will be up there as well. I doubt Golovkin will stay at 160 for another year, and I'm sure Loeffler and Abel might seek an "easy" opportunity at 168 when the time comes. At least that will be a breath of fresh air. Golovkin can't, as Lyle Fitzsimmons said, be "coy" as well and not be tempted being a 2 division champ. Aside from Jacobs, what else is there to prove? If he can't get an Alvarez fight in 2017, clearly Golovkin knows the rivalry of promoters and how it works... as if he doesn't understand politics now..

The Golovkin thing is just a phase. Great fights will come again, and the assimilation for new boxing platforms is inevitable.

On that note. I think Rigo needs to make a serious decision to make a performance unheard of. I'm more worried for his image more than anything. The Jackal has yet to be released, be it balls out Gamboa vs Crawford, but I think Ismael Salas should of told him long before to just put on a crazy show as he ages. At least Golovkin does it. lol

The Jacobs vs Golovkin bout is a good thing. if it happens

Comment

It'll be Willie Monroe.

Comment

Ievgen Khytrov
                  Ryota Murata
                  Maciej Sulecki
                  Sergiy Derevyanchenko
                  Why would Canelo fight 4 guys most fans never heard of? Canelo is a hell of a fighter and he looked great beating Smith. He can beat anybody at 154 or 160 with the possible exception of GGG and Jacobs. He doesn't need to cherry pick like Lara and Danny Garcia do.

Comment

Ievgen Khytrov
                    Ryota Murata
                    Maciej Sulecki
                    Sergiy Derevyanchenko
                    Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Canelo going to have the Cotto rematch in May 2017,,, probably Brook in September
                    Those two will both want to fight at 154 and Canelo has probably fought his last fight at that weight. Cotto has had enough of Canelo and will never fight him again even at 154 in my opinion. If Brook would fight at about 156 or 157 I'm sure Canelo would take that fight. It would sell well and Canelo would knock out Brook even faster than GGG did also just in my opinion. I'm not one of these guys who claims to know how fights will go before they happen. I am just guessing and my guess is Canelo is better than Brook in every way and beats him easily.

Comment

Working...
                    X