No announcement yet.

Newsnight: Brits dont care about overseas events :lol1:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newsnight: Brits dont care about overseas events :lol1:

University research suggests that Brits dont care about stuff overseas. Esp Africa and the like.

They had research asking one guy what he made of the Bombay attacks of 2011 (?), and all the answer was was that "it looked like a nice hotel and he'd like to stay there".

Empathy was overwhelming.

This tallies with my experience. Sans uber Liberals, most people dont give a damn and just worry about themselves, families and friends.

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
    University research suggests that Brits dont care about stuff overseas. Esp Africa and the like.

They had research asking one guy what he made of the Bombay attacks of 2011 (?), and all the answer was was that "it looked like a nice hotel and he'd like to stay there".

Empathy was overwhelming.

This tallies with my experience. Sans uber Liberals, most people dont give a damn and just worry about themselves, families and friends.
    Nothing wrong with that at all.

Comment

No one is biting huh?

Comment

One of the best bits in The Office that nobody notices is during the Comic Relief episode, when Lee says (about the money they're raising), "All going to foreign kids is it, or is some of it staying at home?"

Perfect observation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
          Nothing wrong with that at all.
          Me, myself and I.

(Tuuuune!)

Comment

No source, how funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
              No source, how funny.
              Go to BBC Newsnight page and watch Wed's episode.

Comment

15/01/14

It is there for 5 more days.

Comment

Why anyone would care about anything that happens outside of the city they live in IDK.

Comment

The only times Ive donated to charities is the typhoon disaster in the philipines and the tsunami from 04.

Comment

Working...
                    X