Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly id rather watch Floyd vs Matthyse instead of Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its insane how much hype matthysse gets around here. he struggled badly against a past prime judah (i thought judah won) and alexander and you want to talk about mayweather?

btw, how was alexander such an awful fight for floyd but matthysse is a good one? even if you think matthysse beat alexander it was razor close, they are on the same level for sure. so if alexander wasnt on floyds level and had no chance neither does lucas.

and guerrero is much better than matthysse, much more tested, skillfull, well rounded and just a better fighter. lots of fighters had power, hell ortiz had power. it doesnt mean anything if you dont have the tools to connect. you really think floyd is gonna give anyone a free shot? you gotta be good enough to land.

floyd would toy with matthysse. completely different class of fighters. you dont go from ajose and mike dallas to floyd mayweather.

Comment

Guerrero is a solid fight who presents a lot of problems for floyd southpaw,workrate,good mentality and confidence,stop looking for negatives all the time!!!

Comment

This fight would be the easiest fight for an ageing Mayweather since he fought and dismantle Gatti, I would just imagine watching Lucas following him around eating jabs, and Mayweather backing him up and landing right hands at will, dumb fight for anyone that cares about Lucas.

Comment

Matthysse, as impressive as he has been at 140 w/his KO's, is unproven at 147 and would likely get schooled by Mayweather at this time; no one should be calling for this fight until Lucas proves himself at 147. I'm tired of Floyd fighting guys moving up.

The Guerrero fight might be a horrible match-up as his style is made for Floyd, but at least the guy has a couple fights at welterweight and seems to have grown into the weight unlike Marquez (135) in 2009 or as any 140 pounder moving up for a Floyd fight would.

Comment

First of all i wasnt saying mathyse would beat floyd. i just think guerrero style has nothing for floyd, it has boring fight written all over it.
            Matthysse has fought judah and alexander both good defensive fighters, he lost but hurt both of them, then he showed improvement and learning he fougth 2 good defensive fighters in soto and ajose and this time with a more aggresive style he demolished them, these were all tough fights and both soto and ajose had been ducked alot

Guerrero has been protected alot and unlike mathysse he hasnt fought any defensive fighters that can prepare him for floyd, watch the berto fight again if you disregard the first round it woulda been a very close fight
            Again i said I would rather watch this fight than the guerrero one, even if people think its a missmatch, mathhyse would be actively looking for the ko the entire fight, after a while the guerrero vs floyd fight its gonna turn into a clinch fest

Comment

Originally posted by Slappin' Maxie View Post
              and this is what we mean about the Matthysse hype
              i know and these people say danny garcia is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                If he wins it will be another great case of "He beat a smaller guy moving up in weight."
                Literally is.

Comment

Why? So people can say Floyd fought a BLOATED Lucas?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
                    Why? So people can say Floyd fought a BLOATED Lucas?
                    It's crazy what haters come up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Slappin' Maxie View Post
                      It's crazy what haters come up with.
                      That's exactly what is gonna happen, they are gonna say Lucas was bloated, slow and sluggish from the weight gain.

I say let Lucas get a big win at 147 or atlest 1-3 wins at 147 and then maybe he can fight Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X