Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People need to stop with this s**t......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
    this isn't a new opinion, been saying it for a yr now Turbo
    How many "one more fight and Pac could be done" statements have you made then?

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
      Manny should have just beaten a Top 10 P4P, prime, and unbeaten Tim Bradley rather easily....but he's just a faded name who's got 1-2 fights left at the most. Get the f**k outta here. If Manny was faded or that much different from 2010, he would have lost to Bradley. He didn't lose to Bradley, and even Tim knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
        plenty, that's been the stance since the Bradley fight
        thought Pac's shit showing in JMM 3 would help Floyd grow balls
        of course it didn't, so the gauge fell to Bradley next
        he's younger and stronger, but a far lesser fighter than Marquez
        if Pac was tired at the end after dominating him? it's just about over
        Pac didn't even go all out in that fight, and he lacked stamina
        the guy is at the end of the line

Comment

Pacquiao looks all but done as an elite P4P fighter to me. He relied on constant movement and relentless pressure in his prime, he just doesn't look capable of delivering that anymore. I honestly don't know what people are looking at if they could watch the Bradley fight and not see how much the guy has slowed down. The final curtain for him will come when someone finally goes toe to toe with him and beats him. For the time being he can still be fed sluggers and probably have too much pop and handspeed for them.

To be honest, considering how he fought at his peak, and considering how many tough fights he's been in, it's surprising he's lasted this long.

Floyd for me will always hold up much better because his superiority is based on outstanding defence and timing, as opposed to outrageous athleticism. He will inevitably slow down before long too though, it's just a question of whether or not he gets out before someone really takes advantage.

Comment

Inactivity is something I can't stand to be honest. He may be one of the top fighters out there but what's the point if you aren't even going to fight? Not even a mention of the sport which made him rich. I think Ward will easily surpass Floyd soon.

As far as Pacquiao, he's just not as good as Floyd. But he's everything else. He's the machismo side of Floyd. We'll see what happens in his next fight.

Comment

Those are legitimate questions to ask though, boxers are not know for aging gracefully.

Floyd may or may not age well, he has so far and given his skill level he will likely be able to hang on and still be a very hard guy to beat up or take out until the very end but someone will be able to fight him close enough to give him a loss sooner rather than later I reckon (Taylor-B-Hop Taylor can't really hold B-Hop jock strap in a boxing sense but he was young and athletic which allowed him to make the fights close that he got the nod, that could easily happen to Floyd).

Manny will likely age poorly there is really no way getting around that, I think he is still alright currently but has been facing guys he can't really thrive against, he has always had issues with JMM and I think Bradley would have always made things difficult. I think he will look just fine against a different sort of guy but he could fall off a cliff at any time.
              Last edited by The Gambler1981; 11-26-2012, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Floyd still got some miles... Pac is almost done. tards have a genuine excuse now if this ever happens. Floms left with a disrespected hero. Floyd is a *****.

Comment

Pacfan's self defense mechanism likes to think Pac is some how slowing down or on the decline to justified Pac's recent schoolings and of Pac looking ordinary. Put another Clottey or a shot Margarito and you will see the old Pac that Arum has been selling back. The only thing about Pac that is in the decline is the level of cherry picks.

Comment

floyd hasn't been prime since baldomir! manny hasn't been prime since never!

Comment

They are at the end of their carriers and will likely be retired very soon. What's so wrong with people coming to terms with that? Are they still great? Yea. But logic tells us that they are ending their mid/late 30s and will have to hang it up soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X